• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve done 12/01/10

Lillabee

Hi! Im Melissa. I had the Gastric Sleeve done in Las Vegas by Dr Umbach on 12/01/10. I never felt such pain in my life (ive had a child) before this! I woke up with excrutiating gas pains between my breasts which traveled to my chest and even morphine shots didnt help.

I was supposed to be outpatient but I stayed the night. The next day I was sore in my stomach and had no appetite. I made it home that day! Im 5 days post op and following doctor orders to be 100% on protein shakes and water. Its hard!!!

Im down 17 from my first visit with doc in June and 11 since day before surgery. Im proud but still want some chicken to chew on!!

Ive been overweight as a child, teen and adult. The least I weighed ever in my adult life was 174.

Im feeling bad but good and I cant wait to feel great! The gas hurts and water causes gas as well but Im ready to fight the fight the hardest fight of my life :)

So sorry to hear you've had a rough time so far. The very best wishes for the future from a fellow sleever :)

:welcome2: All the very best on your weightloss journey... great to see you posting and there are some very experienced peeps with sleeves, so you are in good company for information here.

Sending a warming hug and every good wish for your forthcoming journey... xxx:) __________________

Hi Melissa - Welcome to the forum!

You are in great company here, and there will be people along to give you help and advice.

Hope you get some medication to help with the wind; and if you can walk about indoors for some of the time, that will relieve some of it.

Take care hun hope you`ll soon feel a lot better x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Hi Lisa and welcome. As someone else said, moving around can help shift the wind, if drinking gives you the gas (as you call it :) ) then you may be drinking too fast, sip sip sip..... Good luck and i'm hoping to hear lots more good news from you xxx

Welcome from one sleever to another.

Sorry to hear your in so much pain. Make sure you rest up and keep taking in the fluids as dehydration is not something else you want to deal with :)

Keep positive and keep smiling :) xxxxxx

Apparently peppermint tea helps - I rarely get wind which causes pain but have used Colpermin (peppermint oil casules) which are brilliant but are too much for you this early out (may be worth having some in cupboard later on)
Hope you feel more comfortable very soon

But just think about it......when all this passes you will feel GREAT!!! I feel horrible being obese, my feet hurt, my knees, my back and everything else. Lol But you've already gone through the surgery, so now its just using it to your advantage. I wish you well and hope you start feeling better soon.

I didnt have the sleeve. But i do have the gas. It for me was from the water. Even now i cant drink plain water it has to be crystal light or tea. Plain water out if the sink or bottle hot or cold it gives me so much gas it hurts. So try a water test just sit at home qnd drink different things at different tempretures and you will get it

Hello Lilabee. I have only just joined this site. I am considering a sleeve. I like you have being overweight all my life. Its seems that each new yr I start a diet loose weight then by the end of the yr I am even heavier than the previous yr. my relationship with food is terrible and my main worry is how does your brain deal with going from binge eating to not being able to eat???? I have ten cups of tea a day with 2 sugars in each - I obviously wont be able to have this will I ?? I hate feeling so heavy and feel I need to do something to change. any advice would be appreciated. I really hope you feel better soon and you wind pains ease, it must be so horrible. take care x

Tea and sugar??? Yes but like splenda or truvia. The thing i miss most is cake. But found little 100cal coffeecakes. That are good and no dumping. After a few bites you will not want to bindge. Trust me on that. I tried and i never was in so much pain. Its on the level of after surgery pain. But you will feel better. I have lost 50lb since surgery 100lb all together and wouldnt change a thing

Hi Melissa, I just had my sleeve done on the 11th and I have notice that I have gas as well. But it is only when I a drinking water so when i go see music next week that is something imaging to ask what can i do to stop.

Back