• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric wrap op 5 days ago

Mummyto4

Hi all

I got back from Prague yesterday after having a gastric wrap, including the 3 days beforehand i have already lost 1stone 3lbs, i cant believe i didn't think it would work. I am soooooooooooo pleased.

Good luck everyone

Kirsty
xx

Neen

WLS Moderator
Hi Kirsty! Welcome back xx Hope you're recovering well, you certainly seem to be in the zone already!

phatmomma

Glad to have you back and sounding so on top of the world xx

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi Well done thats great, can i ask whats a gastric wrap, heard of band and bypass xx

jogirl003

Hi Kirsty,
Just booked mine; awaiting for a date. did you go with cosmetic Bliss?
You seem to be doing really well. I am extremely nervous (lots of people trying to put me off the idea!)
Do you have any advice regarding travel/op?
Regards
Jo

Mummyto4

Thank you all.

The gastric wrap works in the same way as a gastric sleeve but instead of removing the stomach to create the sleeve they wrap it in on itself it is supposed to have the same weight loss effects as the other surgeries but with less possible complications as nothing is taken away from the body, added into the body and the digestive system isn't affected.

Love Kirsty
xx

Mummyto4

Hi Kirsty,
Just booked mine; awaiting for a date. did you go with cosmetic Bliss?
You seem to be doing really well. I am extremely nervous (lots of people trying to put me off the idea!)
Do you have any advice regarding travel/op?
Regards
Jo

I went with BBC Direct and loads of people tried to put me off. I would say that the staff do have some English but its not great so you don't always know what they are doing and if everything is ok. I was very sick for 3 days after the op and they seemed a bit concerned but i am fine now. Take lots of books and things to read and when they tell you that you need to walk, you really do they aren't just saying it, thats to help get rid the gas they used, also i was only expecting 3/4 insertion holes but i think i have 9.

People who are trying to put you off are obviously not in our situations or they would know how important these op's are for us and how much we need support.

If i think of anything else i will let you know and if you have any questions then please feel free to ask.

Good luck and try to relax a little if you can :).

Love Kirsty
xx

Butterfly83

Hi Kirsty,

What is a gastric wrap? but wow girl I'm happy for you I am awaiting a date for surgery I was told I will have it within 3 months! I'm excited and scared all in one

Happyme

@Mummyto4 welcome back and congratulations on your op. I am so glad it went so well. I had mine done at the same place 3 days before yours but I am still struggling I'm afraid.

I am on anti emetics to stop the vomiting and I am finding it really hard to drink 1.5 lites of fluid a day as I feel full to bursting after only about 5 sips.

How are you coping with the drinking?

Happyme

Oh dear my post dissapeared :(

Mummyto4 congratulations on your surgery and I am so glad that all went well.

I had mine at the same place 3 days before yours and agree with all you said about the walking etc

I felt sick just like you and infact am still on anti emetics.

Quck question if you dont mind; how much fluids are you managing to take a day. I am really struggling on 1500 as I feel full to bursting after about only 5 sips.

Thank you very much
Mummyto4

Mummyto4

Oh dear my post dissapeared :(

Mummyto4 congratulations on your surgery and I am so glad that all went well.

I had mine at the same place 3 days before yours and agree with all you said about the walking etc

I felt sick just like you and infact am still on anti emetics.

Quck question if you dont mind; how much fluids are you managing to take a day. I am really struggling on 1500 as I feel full to bursting after about only 5 sips.

Thank you very much
Mummyto4

My sickness has completely gone now, thank goodness, with the drinking i have had trouble getting all the fluids in but i found i got quite dehydrated and had a terrible headache and vision problems so i have had to write a food diary for the day having a drink every 45 mins and giving myself 20 mins to drink the fluids, i only have 'food' drinks twice a day the rest is tea or water as this doesn't fill me up as much.

I hope things start getting easier for you soon, if there is anything i can do to help just let me know

Kirsty
xx

Happyme

Hi Kirsty Great to know that you are doing fine. Not sure if I can PM you on here. I just want to know more on the drinking as this is my struggle and the dehydration is worrying me.
What kinds of food drinks are you having? Are you managing 1500mls of tea and water a day? I will love to have a chat with you so that we can share ideas especially as we had the same op so near to each other. Apart from the fluid intake I am really well. Thank you very much

Mummyto4

What i am doing is from 8.30 in the morning i am having a 150ml of water or tea every 35 mins and i give myself 10 mins to drink it eg

8.30 water
9.15 water
10.00 Fruit Juice
10.45 Tea

If i don't include 'food' drinks i have found that i get a terrible headache and some vision problems, i think it may be lack of sugar.

It is hard to get the full amount but try to get as much as you can. How's your sickness? how's your weight loss going?

misswinkytinky

:eek:hiya all.. :D its soo nice to see post from wrappers on this site.. which across other forums is quite rare believe me!!!:cry:

:family2::family2::family2::family2::family2::family2::family2:

I,m hoping depending on more research to have the wrap with cosmetic bliss in October/November but would love to hear from wrappers and hear how they are getting on etc.. a few months down the line.. what are your losses like? are you hungry? I,m on fb as Michele Roberts-King.. would really love to hear your experiences so that i make a life changing decision easier.!!!