• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all. Gastric wrap.

New look

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and love how everyone shares their goals, fears and experiences related to WLS. I have joined as i want to research more about the Gastric wrap however, as yet, i haven’t found much as I’m just getting used to navigating around the site.

I have done all the diets inc the NHS, WW, Atkins, Cambridge, Slimming World to mention a few and the last one being Lighter Life where i lost 4 stone after gaining the 'tools' to succeed, but naturally as with every other diet i put the weight back on again in 9 months. I constantly feel hungry, never full.

Through research I’ve discovered that the wrap is a new operation and i have to fund it myself and w need to travel abroad as it isn’t carried out in the UK, in my case it will probably be Prague. I have also discovered that people have to have a general anaesthetic, not local, as you need to be still during the op. After great consideration, especially after reading all the Banders success stories on this site, i don't feel the Band is for me therefore I am going to have the Gastric band.

I have been in touch and have received an email back from Bob Bakalar at Prague Beauty LTD ( PB) and the fees are £3800 for a full package.
However I was wondering if anyone could help with my questions.
I would like to know:

1) Has anyone used this company before or can you recommend other companies they have used, why they used them and their fees?
2) How soon can I have the op done? (My hubby has hol’s due at Xmas and could stay home with our 7yr old – that’s if I don't need him with me - need advice on that too).
3) Will i be ok on my own or will i need someone with me?
4) Is it worth going to my GP for a full check up before applying just to see if i am fit?
5) Has anyone had combined surgery as i was thinking of an upper eye bag op which PB LTD , they would do as a package for an extra £800 or would this be too much health wise. I ask because I’m not sure how much pain the Gastric wrap will cause.

I look forward to your replies and Thanks.

claire-anna said:
im also looking a prague beauty... did u go for it?? x

I went with BBC but have looked at Prague beauty's site and it looks good. I think it would be a good idea to have a check up although my problem would not have come to light so would not have changed things.

Hi Claire-anna,
I have just visited the forum again for a catch-up on the Wrap. No i haven't had it done yet but I am still seriously considering it. I have a young family and want to do the op quietly and not let the kids know( worry them or let them tell everyone at the school gates that their fat mother had an op to get slimmer- so to speak, lol. Also i would need to go on my own therefore need to fit it around my husbands work etc. I need to get my act together and think about number 1, for a change. Are you any nearer to a decision , if not what is holding you back?

Good luck.

Hi Claire-anna,
I have just visited the forum again for a catch-up on the Wrap. No i haven't had it done yet but I am still seriously considering it. I have a young family and want to do the op quietly and not let the kids know( worry them or let them tell everyone at the school gates that their fat mother had an op to get slimmer- so to speak, lol. Also i would need to go on my own therefore need to fit it around my husbands work etc. I need to get my act together and think about number 1, for a change. Are you any nearer to a decision , if not what is holding you back?

Good luck.
Cosmetic Bliss has an amazing reputation
www.cosmeticbliss.co.uk good luck :) xxx

New look said:
Thanks Caren !

Im going with cosmetic bliss too hun... Booked in for the 20th may for the wrap. I'm very excited. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Im going with cosmetic bliss too hun... Booked in for the 20th may for the wrap. I'm very excited. Xx

I'm going with cosmetic bliss too. I was booked on the 20th May for the wrap but took a cancellation for 22nd April. I'm also very excited!! xx

Channel Swimmer said:
I'm going with cosmetic bliss too. I was booked on the 20th May for the wrap but took a cancellation for 22nd April. I'm also very excited!! xx

Oooooh ur lucky.. I wanna go now :).

Good luck! Must be so exciting!! X

Hi,
Wow, you don't mess about do you?
How are you?
Any advice on comfort, clothing to take, etc.

I wish you lots of good luck in your new journey.
New look.

15 more sleeps for me!!! Im taking 2 pairs of trakky bottoms with my comfy uggs and 4 sets if pjs with slippers. Oh and iPad. Could not live with out that lol x

I'm very excited for you Claire. You'll be very well looked after :)

Channel Swimmer said:
I'm very excited for you Claire. You'll be very well looked after :)

Thanks Hun :) x

Back