• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very new, very scared

Mummyto4

Hi everyone

As the heading says i am new to this site, i am due to be having a gastric wrap in Prague on Monday and to say i'm scared is a bit of an understatement.

A little bit of back ground on me. Until 5 years ago i was a size 10 then i got pregnant with my first child, he died the day after he was born and i started comfort eating and having pregnancy after pregnancy (4 since 2007) and i went up to a size 22. I have tried every diet, pill, patch, hypnotherapy etc but i know the only thing that will stop me comfort eating is having my son back or being physically unable to eat, so surgery it is.

Anyway Hi all

Love Kirsty

Hi Kirsty xxx The wrap is a fairly new surgery type for us on here, I think a couple other new people have said they are having one and I hope they will find your post and comment xx

Hopefully, you will find lots of info and support on here for WLS in general as whatever ops we have , there is a lot of common ground regardless of which particular surgery someone chooses.

I wish you all the very best and please don't worry too much, though it's perfectly natural to be nervous and most of us were before our ops too x

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, i too have had a loss and i fully understand what your saying xx
Have you tried berevment counciling? its not for everyone but it does help some of us x

with regards to your surgery i'm pre-op and this is all new to me too so i'm sorry i cant help or give advice yet x i do wish you all the best and hope you can find peace xxx

take care x

their very helpful on this site so stick with us and you'l have alot of support xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kirsty. First, welcome to the forum - you are in the right place! Everyone here is lovely and this is a very friendly and warm environment.

I feel for you and what you've been through and wish you all the very best on your journey xxx

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the forum, Good Luck with your surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Welcome to the site. I am sorry you are having a tough time I send you a big hug.
I hope your surgery goes well and you are soon home and on the way to a new you.

All the best

Jo
xx

Hi Kirsty, a big hug to you and welcome. Just to let you know its understandable if u are scared.. we all were before surgery. take care xx

Dear Kirsty , welcome to the site , im fairly new here too, i have found no end of support,advice and empathy .. you will be hooked on this place very soon !lol ... I feel it is extremely positive that you have identified why you may eat more, alot of people never know- it just happens. I agree with sicknote, counselling could help you. I hope you have lots of support around you at home, and you have a cleaning / housework rota ready for your kids for when you return! ;-) You will love prague... such a beautiful place to start a new journey , I am really looking forward to following your journey . All the very best xxx

Hi Kirsty welcome and i wish you well for the op, we have all been there and very scared but you will come out ok and with a new life. Good luck and lots of love xx

So sorry for your loss :(, I to have a similar back ground with comfort eating after losing our second child then miscarrying every pregnancy since.

I'm sure you will do brilliantly and be recovering in no time. Be strong honey! x

Hi Kirsty, I'm a newbie too. Your story is soooo sad but hopefully you will get some new friends and support on here.
I'm 52 and I've eaten my way through every life experience I've had in misery:cry: or in joy :D! Time to change those eating habits eh.
Good luck with your journey xx

Hi Kirsty, I have just joined here too. So sorry for your loss, they say the loss of a child is the very worst kind. I wish you a brilliant weight loss, and hopefully feeling better about yourself will help you to feel better about life in general. At least everyone you chat to on the forum knows how you feel weighwise, and I have found it very uplifting and encouraging to read the success stories - keep them coming folks!

Thank you for all your replys, its nice to know im not alone. I have had counselling and it helped with my anger and devastation but sadly not the eating.

I have been truly inspired reading some of the posts and the weight loss some people have experienced is extraordinary.

Good luck and well done

Kirsty

Back