• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Wrap with Cosmetic Bliss

Secret surgery Theyre who im going to go with. Just waiting for decision from surgeon now. Eeeekkk excited !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited by a moderator:
they look and sound very proffessional indeed x x i bet ur very excited Amberleigh x x :-D are you going alone?? x x

yes Dr Fride works with MediCzech x x he has a very trusting face if thats anything to go by x x ha ha

i didnt know Cosmetic Bliss work along side Secret Surgery x x that may answer why i have only had a reply from Ss and not Cb ??? x x x

yes sweetie i will keep you updated with the info i recieve x x and ppllzzzz Amberleigh let me know when you get ur date x x what surgery are you having ??? eeeeekkkkkk very exciting indeed x x x :-D :-D

yes Dr Fride works with MediCzech x x he has a very trusting face if thats anything to go by x x ha ha

Well I have spoken to both him and other team members at MediCzech - as well as approachable and friendly, they have the right air of professionalism about them. The team is also nice size, so you know that you are not waiting on one or two people when you want an answer.

Yes i was originally gonna try cosmetic bliss as their reviews r fantastic but only downside was people whod been said dnt need to take hubby as visiting is very restricted. SS only charge an extra £350 for him to come n appartment is above clinic so once im out of surgery he can come down lift and be with me all time for the 2 nights b4 i go up to appartment and join him for rest of week. :)

Beyonce said:
they look and sound very proffessional indeed x x i bet ur very excited Amberleigh x x :-D are you going alone?? x x

i didnt know Cosmetic Bliss work along side Secret Surgery x x that may answer why i have only had a reply from Ss and not Cb ??? x x x

yes sweetie i will keep you updated with the info i recieve x x and ppllzzzz Amberleigh let me know when you get ur date x x what surgery are you having ??? eeeeekkkkkk very exciting indeed x x x :-D :-D

Im having the wrap and if i get the ok from surgeon im gonna try book for sept/oct. Cant wait :D

Yes i was originally gonna try cosmetic bliss as their reviews r fantastic but only downside was people whod been said dnt need to take hubby as visiting is very restricted. SS only charge an extra £350 for him to come n appartment is above clinic so once im out of surgery he can come down lift and be with me all time for the 2 nights b4 i go up to appartment and join him for rest of week. :)

Good for you that you found someone that will let you have your partner there with you. It's a big thing for our partners to be close by us when we go through such a procedure. Doesn't matter how much hand holding a company give you, just a smile from your partner can make the world of difference.

Last edited:
Exactly!! Plus the fact that my hubby wouldnt let me leave the country without him. Sure he thinks he's gonna be trying out the pubs while im recovering lol. I think not!!

Please note the forum rules state

1. Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other groups on the internet.
I have had to edit several posts this evening

tesmaralda said:
Please note the forum rules state

[*]Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other groups on the internet.

I have had to edit several posts this evening

Oooh sorry I have recommended a few.. Sorry didn't know.. (slaps hand and promises never to do it again)

Im sorry too, blonde highlights you see, didnt think :)

oooooppppsss ! ! ! i didnt realise ?!?!? is there a site where we can talk openly then ?? im absolutely worried out of my mind now x x mum came in last nite and said she was behind me with my decision x x but she has been to see the nurse and they have told my mum they have never heard of the gastric wrap?? and never heard of any of the companys CB or SS ?? so mum is now worried sick and said i could catch hepititus B if the equipment isnt sterilised like the UK x x she has now got me up the wall xx :'( :'(

i have been advised that after care is a definite must but i dont think we have much if we opt abroard???

also im not sure these two companys send our reports after surgery back to our GP? and have the both Doctors been performing gastric wraps for a long time and do they pass the criteria that our medical team have to meet the UK??

sorry for going on but im ready to book and pay my deposit (which ive scraped together) being a single mum but im feeling a little scared x x x :'( :'( :'( :'( plz if anybody knows answers text back x x x Mel

Best decision you will ever make. You can see my progress in my siggie. I went with CB in March. You will be taken such good care of. I almost didn't want to come home I had such a great time in hospital...LOL

I have been advised that after care is a definite must but i dont think we have much if we opt abroard???

Mmm, there is the issue. All agents/providers will tell you that after care is important. The problem I have found is what each one sees as after care. It's great to be told you get 2 years aftercare. But what is it? Is it an email a month to remind you to send in your weights and measurements? Or is it something somewhat more substantial than that? After surgery, if needed, do they arrange for stitches to be removed at a private clinic or do you have to go to your gp or walk in centre? If you think things aren't healing correctly do they have medical support in the UK to check and reassure you or again, do you have to go to your gp / practice nurse etc. I know some agents/providers have medically qualified people in the UK as well as abroad, where others don't. So, I think you may need any provider you are talking to to spell out what they mean by 'aftercare'.

Muttley1900 said:
Good for you that you found someone that will let you have your partner there with you. It's a big thing for our partners to be close by us when we go through such a procedure. Doesn't matter how much hand holding a company give you, just a smile from your partner can make the world of difference.

I had my surgery with mediczech/Dr Fried and it was great having my mum so close in the apartment as it gets very boring as ur in a private room on ur own. All the tv channels are in czech but the apartment has a dvd player so be sure to bring dvds with u!

hello Shana x x thanks for your feed back x x im about to go with Mediczech x x but im very nervous x x was your experience good ?? was the clinic clean and up to standard?? x x im having a wrap x so i was wondering what the aftercare was like once you arrived back in the Uk x x whi deals with your removal of stitches after keyhole?? x x x sorry but i have all these questions flying around in my head x x x i have a little boy who i bring up and i dont want to leave him an orphan if you catch my drift x x x x thank you Mel x x x x

Hi Mel

I remember just how nerve wrecking it was so i hope i can help to put u at ease a little

The clinic is out of the city centre but was spotlessly clean and fairly modern as its only been open 3 years or so, the operating room was very high tech looking which i found reassuring. The building also has other businesses including a gym which i found a bit odd at the start but the clinic was very professional though. Some of the nurses couldnt speak much english but it was never really an issue.

The mediczech staff were also great and stayed with me until i went to the operating theatre, so even if u dont take someone u wont be alone.

There isnt any medical aftercare, they gave me more dressings but told me the stitches wud dissolve which they did but it did take bout 10 days. Mediczech do email u though to check or food diary, weight loss etc.

Its really the best thing ive ever done, im a slow loser and its taken 6 months to lose 3 stone but that has already made such a difference to my health, confidence and my whole lifestyle. I wud like to lose another 2 stone and with the wrap i know this can a reality and not just a dream! Cheesy but true lol

Hope i havent missed anything, if u have any more questions just shout

I note that mediczech has a partner clinic in Harley St where you can have your pre-op tests. Did you go there or have them at Ob Klinika? What pre-op tests did you have?Can you tell me how much it all cost you with Mediczech and did they arrange everything for you? the website makes it look like you have to do alot yourself.

Have messaged user with reasons for editing this post

Last edited by a moderator:
Back