• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey

Alia, I just wanted to give you congrats on your loss so far. You are doing so good. You sound so much more positive now and I know that has got to be helping you stay on track. It is tough when you feel ick and can't eat which also leads to tiredness and such. It seems you have nipped that in the bud and nothing can stop you!

Over 30lbs in 4 weeks is amazing and it just shows that you are going to sail into your target weight before you know it.

Good going chick and keep up the good work!:D:D:D

Nic:p

Thank you Nic for your positivety, its really does mean alot to know that some one else is caring about you. I do feel very positive at the moment, everything is going well now and even though I can't see the weight loss I know it won't be long till I start noticing it. I know this is a long journey and this is the start of it but I'm prepared for the long run ahead. Thinking of this time next year and I should be half the person I am now

You've got exactly the right attitude right now, if you could bottle it you would make a fortune! Hold on tight to those good feelings.:p:p:p

hey gurl....long time no see...lol

btw, phat (my definition which is part of my goal date) is PRETTY HOT AND TEMPTING!

i know i made u smile with that one!:8855:

Hey gurls and guys, here for my weekly update.

I was gutted by my 1lb weight loss last week but vowed to hang in there after all the advice from my pals here. You all told me I'd see the loss next week and yup... you guys were all right

I'm ten pounds down this week and really pleased.

Thats a total of 43lbs in 6 weeks. :D:D:D

I'm well chuffed, sorry to gloat.

wow 3 stone gone already Alia, thats incredible. Thats 10% of your starting weight now gone forever! You are doing really well Alia, so happy for you. x

:party0011:Amazing! :party0011:

Losing over 3 stone in 6 weeks!!!! Well done, that's fantastic news!
Lx

Thanks all for your posts.

I think now I need to add some variety into what I'm eating so I don't get bored. Going to check out some of the puree recipes and hopefully have another good loss next week.

I bought some new scales yesteday, my old ones were miles out, around 9 pounds and that does n't help. I've left them downstairs so I'm not jumping on them every time I go to the bathroom. Its just so much more exciting to use them once a week and see such a big loss

Alia xxx

Hiya Alia
congrats on finaly having the surgery after so many problems in the past with your weight and then your son been ill..

im pleased you went through with it in the end after all your son needs a healthy mum too and im sure had he been old enough to understand he would of told you to go for it too..

im preop also had this issue for many years and go so close to surgery before but doctor never got his funding for his list of people he wanted to op on .. them days it was diff you never got the funding the doctor did and he operated on who he thought best for op..

so 7 yrs later im back at the door and now just waiting for my first appointment with my surgeon after getting my funding from the pct.

i have spoken to him and told 6-8 weeks i could have my op done. im so excited about it .

and was great to read what you experianced and your day to day diary of events are a big help to people like me who are pre op..

thanks so much hun and will be tracking your progress..

im a northern boy in london ;o)

all the best for 2009 xx

Great loss there Alia :clap:

luvin' ur 10 lb loss -- u go gurl!

Well done Alia:bliss::bliss:

So pleased for you hun, that really is a smashing loss! You gloat all you want, you earned it with your hard work & positive attitude!

Happy New Year hun, may 2009 be you best one yet.

Nichole:p

Hiya Alia, welldone on your weight loss, reading all the experiences of everyone is making me even more excited about my wls. Here's to many more lost Ibs.

Hiya Alia
congrats on finaly having the surgery after so many problems in the past with your weight and then your son been ill..

im pleased you went through with it in the end after all your son needs a healthy mum too and im sure had he been old enough to understand he would of told you to go for it too..

im preop also had this issue for many years and go so close to surgery before but doctor never got his funding for his list of people he wanted to op on .. them days it was diff you never got the funding the doctor did and he operated on who he thought best for op..

so 7 yrs later im back at the door and now just waiting for my first appointment with my surgeon after getting my funding from the pct.

i have spoken to him and told 6-8 weeks i could have my op done. im so excited about it .

and was great to read what you experianced and your day to day diary of events are a big help to people like me who are pre op..

thanks so much hun and will be tracking your progress..

im a northern boy in london ;o)

all the best for 2009 xx

Hey Brett, thanks for your post.

For me going for the surgery a second time was one of the hardest decisions of my life. To be honest I did n't have a choice really though, I could n't eat anything with any substance to it and my surgeon was at a loss to why.. I'd previously had a lower banded gastroplasy. Once my surgeon went in and saw what was wrong, he was able to correct it, do a bypass, although it be a bit further along the bowel than usual and left me with what was essentially a brand new bypass.

One of the most exciting things I'm experiencing now, aside from the weight loss of course is my ability to try and test out foods that would previously been a complete no no... Its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders although I do still frett when trying things cause I remember how awful I would feel previously but to date I've had chicken with no problem, all be it only 2 mouthfuls at the moment but hey its better than nothing... I had half a slice of cheese on toast this afternoon, previously that would have had me wretching in the loo for 12 hours afterwards, so that was a big one for me.

I hope you get the support you need from this forum and I'm always happy to help if I can, I'm fairly new to this myself, just 6 weeks on but I'll give it a go anyway.

Northern boy in London eh, how far north?

All the best for a slimmer and healthier 2009

Alia xxx

Alia just wanted to say that your loss so far is FANTASTIC!!! You are doing so very well you should be so proud of your hard work. That BMI is just falling which must make you feel healtier already.

Good going hun!!

Alia just wanted to say that your loss so far is FANTASTIC!!! You are doing so very well you should be so proud of your hard work. That BMI is just falling which must make you feel healtier already.

Good going hun!!

Hey Hun, thanks for that, feeling so positive and can't wait for 2009, hope it goes as quicky as 2008 cause targets will seem to happen that much quicker lol.

It seems that since I took your advice about taking in more my weight loss has speeded up so much more, so thank you so much for that.

I'd like to ask you though how you think my diet is going, so I'll just put down the kind of things that I'm having and if you could just advise if you think anything is wrong. You seem so clued up on all of this, I just wish I had your knowledge.

Yesterday for example.

11am 4 crisp breads with marmite on them

14.00 One weight watchers slice of toast with cheese on it (protein for me) although I only managed to eat about 3/4 of it.

Water through out the day.

17.00 1/4 of a grilled fishcake

20.00 2 1/2 crisp breads with marmite

23.00 Banana simfast shake.

Hmmm looking at that I think I need to try to add some fruit and vegetables there. Problem is I've lost my inspiration, she's no longer coming daily and she had amazing ideas of what to eat.

Alia xxx

Hi Alia. First I want to say that whatever you are doing is working because the weight is falling off of you! You must be treating your body right or you wouldn't be doing as well as you are.

That said, if I were to be critical (in a good helpful way not a mean grouchy way!) I would say that your diet looks a little heavy on carbs and low on veg & fruit like you said. My dietary instructions say to have 2 servings of carbs per day but looks like you are having 3-4 servings.

Do you do dairy? If you do a fruity yogurt would give you protein & fruit. Also, don't forget that you can do juice. I drink a watery cranberry juice (no sugar added type) everyday to get in one of my fruits. Some people do oj to help with iron absorption. I also keep fruit cups like for kids in the fridge so I have an easy way to get my fruits in (just check it is no sugar added).

As for veg you can also do carrot or tomato juice since that also helps bring your fluids up. Tomato sauce with your favorite meat or cheese is also a good way to get in veg. You can put tomato sauce over cottage cheese and top it with parmesan and pop it in the micro for 1 minute and you have a protein heavy meal w/veg!

Let me know if you want more ideas hun. I am happy to help.:D

Nichole

Back