• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey

Thanks Nicole for all your help, your an ocean of information and ideas.

On your advice today the kids and hubby are having spaghetti bolognese soI'm going to take out an ounce of the meat before i do their sauce and add some passata to it and see how I go with it.. I'm a bit nervous but I'm going to do it... maybe a stupid question but when you said an ounce of chicken or meat is that cooked or uncooked?

On the plus side, I bought new scales last week cause my old ones were doing very weird things, i'd stand on one day and be 9 pounds heavier and it would be all over the place so I bought some new ones and instead of keeping them upstairs in the bathroom I've put them away in the utililty room so I keep forgetting to weigh myself, instead of being obsessed and jumping on them every time I went to the loo. These scales are good cause they agree with my weight from the hospital which often there is a few pounds different from scale to scale.

Tonight I remembered to hop on, have n't been on them since Tuesday night and I've lost another 9 pounds. Today was was the first day I actually felt like I'd lost weight as my apron is n't hanging as low and I'm finding it much easier to shower. I used to have to shower sitting down but after losing 51 pounds I'm finding I can manage standing to do my stuff.

I'm so pleased, can't believe that I've lost all of this weight and I'm feeling so good.

Hi! Brilliant loss!!! Woohoo, you are doing fantastic. Can't say enough how well you are doing. As for the meat it is one ounce after cooking. As you get more comfortable you can go up to 2 ounces if you like. I am really glad you are thinking ahead and planning your meals, that will really be useful once you get back to 'normal' eating. Good thinking with the scales, it can become a way to abuse ourselves and I would hate to see you go down that road.

51 pounds is a big loss, it really should make a difference in how you feel. It feels really great when your everyday life improves doesn't it?? Remember that feeling and save it for a day when things get tough, that is what I do.

Best of luck with the food tonight, let me know how you get on.

Nic:p

wow Alia. Im in awe of you. You are doing so well. I hope you cope well with tonights meal x

I've had my dinner!!

I dry fried the mince, took one ounce of it, added some passata, worcester sauce, salt and pepper to it.

I did n't enjoy it one little bit. Dont know if it was the chewing it for so long and getting the true flavour of the meat or if I was still worried about how I was going to feel after it but I did manage about 4 baby spoonfuls of it and then gave up. Even so that is an achievement for me and hopefully it will stay down and I'll have passed one hurdle.

I think in future I'll stick to chicken and fish though as even before my first wls I was never a huge meat eater but I did enjoy things like bolognese and shepherd pie etc.

Alia xxx

Alia

:clap: well done Alia! :clap:

Good job hun. You've made a start. I find that I don't enjoy mince as much as I used to either. I still eat it (love to make a cottage pie) but I desire it less because the chewing takes all the flavour away. You'll find new favorites.:D

Oh, also I use lean steak mince, it has less fat and no gristle which makes it easier for me to eat. I got that tip from Liz I think and it does make a difference!

Today is my official weigh in day although I did do it 2 days ago and had lost 9 pounds. I weighed again today and am a further 2 pounds down which makes 11 pounds this week.

I'm not sure why I have had such a big weight loss this week but I'm not knocking it. Maybe cause I've actually been eating more, I dont know but I'm chuffed cause thats 53 pounds in 7 weeks whohoooo

:clap: great result Alia, well done. I certainly found that as I started eating more I started losing more.

wow. well done Alia, its incredible that you have lost almost 4 stones already, and just look how fast your BMI is tumbling. I think you might have to change your goal number 4 to Easter rather than summer at this rate

That is so great Alia, I am so happy for you, you really are doing great. The pounds are just melting away, looks like you are on the track to smash your goals.

Well done hun!!:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!:bananalove::sign0168::bananalove:

Just had my second post op appointment (7 weeks since surgery) with my surgeon Mr Pollard and according to their scales I'm down exactly 4 stone which I'm really pleased with and Mr Pollard is happy with too.

Although to me my wound seems to be finally healing up nicely, just have two small parts to heal, one is tiny and the other is not that big, the swap that Mr Pollard took 3 weeks ago showed some bugs so I was written a prescription for antibiotics and sent for more blood tests. The queue for that was huge but I waited, took about 30 minutes or so and by then Haydar was starting to get a little naffed off. Went downstairs to get the prescription, handed it in then noticed that the waiting time was 1 hour and there was no way I was going to wait that long. Haydar had me pulling my hair out by then so I left with out getting my prescription. Also was a little nervous as I had parked my car on some double yellow lines which is fine as I have a disabled badge but where I parked there was a sign across the road saying no parking on double yellow lines even for disabled bage holders but where I had parked my car there was n't any... still I was expecting to come back to a ticket but the gods were on my side and there was none.

I don't think my wound is infected cause its healing, does n't smell and each day seems so I'm thinking do I need to go back and get my prescription?

Over all was a good visit, chuffed with the weightloss and have to go back in 4 weeks.

Its quite amusing to sit in the waiting room and see all the nervous looking faces on people waiting for their surgery, you just want to tell them all its not as bad as they think its going to be and so on.

Alia

Just had my second post op appointment (7 weeks since surgery) with my surgeon Mr Pollard and according to their scales I'm down exactly 4 stone which I'm really pleased with and Mr Pollard is happy with too.

Although to me my wound seems to be finally healing up nicely, just have two small parts to heal, one is tiny and the other is not that big, the swap that Mr Pollard took 3 weeks ago showed some bugs so I was written a prescription for antibiotics and sent for more blood tests. The queue for that was huge but I waited, took about 30 minutes or so and by then Haydar was starting to get a little naffed off. Went downstairs to get the prescription, handed it in then noticed that the waiting time was 1 hour and there was no way I was going to wait that long. Haydar had me pulling my hair out by then so I left with out getting my prescription. Also was a little nervous as I had parked my car on some double yellow lines which is fine as I have a disabled badge but where I parked there was a sign across the road saying no parking on double yellow lines even for disabled bage holders but where I had parked my car there was n't any... still I was expecting to come back to a ticket but the gods were on my side and there was none.

I don't think my wound is infected cause its healing, does n't smell and each day seems so I'm thinking do I need to go back and get my prescription?

Over all was a good visit, chuffed with the weightloss and have to go back in 4 weeks.

Its quite amusing to sit in the waiting room and see all the nervous looking faces on people waiting for their surgery, you just want to tell them all its not as bad as they think its going to be and so on.

Alia
It's sooo lovely to read your success, keep up the brilliant losses and welldone Alia.

hey gurl -- you're only 1 stone away from your 3rd goal...thats terrific!

That's excellent! Well done! You are an inspiration.

Doctors don't like prescribing antibiotics nowadays - so he must think you need them. Pop back for the prescription, everything is going so well for you, don't risk feeling grotty if the infection takes hold.

Take good care
Lx

Hi hun just wanted to say well done!! You are doing great. I would suggest you get those antibiotics though, you really don't want to be sick when you are feeling so good. Don't risk it I would say.

Take care & keep up the excellent work!
:):):):):)

congratulations x x x

Back