• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting more confused by the day!!

soon2Byummymummy!

Loves a Chat!
Hi everyone i am so confused regarding calories and exercise etc. i thought the band restricts your calorie intake and with exercise we lose weight?? now i am managing 800-1000 calories a day at the moment. on another forum banders discuss the amount of calories they are meant to have say 2300 you need to eat 1000 calories less to lose 2 lb per week so 1300 then they burn 700cals with exercise now i would still just stick to the 1300 but some are saying (i think) that you then need to eat a further 700 cals to get you back to 1300 and this is how they have been losing a steady 2-2.5lb per week. i am struggling to hit 1000cals per day as it is without replacing calories burned!! but then my weight has been at a stand still for a month now so confused what do you all think :(

Neen

WLS Moderator
All I can say is what I have done good on really, I bought a rosemary conley book and her quick start plan is 1200 daily for 2 weeks and then 1400 for another fortnight and then whatever the given amount is for your height (which I can let you know from my book)
I did lose well on 1200 a day from her plan and as I don't exercise flat out daily (I know smack bum for me) but manage about 30-40 mins walking briskly a day..this worked well.
I have what I fancy on the weekends and don't tot up the cals..not vast buckets of food but not that low either..and it balances out the lower cals during the week.

As we can't phyiscally (generally speaking) eat as much as people on regular diets, it is hard to eat the extra calories to have nearer the conventional cal limit but also we should try not to go under 1200 as that is pretty much starvation mode for the average adult..definately for the average woman.

Try and fit in the high protein snack at around 4 ish so your metabolism keeps revved and see if a week of 1200 ish makes any difference.