• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused re fills

siana58

I am 7 weeks post band, due for first fill on Thursday. Had a conversation with nutritionist tonight, she is happy with what I am eating, I probably need to reduce the amount of calories I am having but weight is coming off steadily. I have some restriction and all I said was that I had some difficulty with toast and she thinks I should be managing this. She has now told me it is unlikely I will get a fill on Thursday - I am confused by this - anyone got any theories about why?

if you're losing well and consistently they may hold off from giving talks - this is quite common

lol if you follow the rules (regardless of fills) you will loose the weight steadily ...... which is great..... then keep the fills in reserve for when times get tougher :) i'm under the nhs ....their agenda isn't to get to restriction quickly, its a steady healthy weight loss, which suits me.... slow and steady ..... fingers crossed I've learned enough along the way to stay at target too (when I get there) :)

How's you doing TK? good to see you :)

When I had my band seven years ago the advice was to keep it tight. I believe this is where most of people's problems with reflux and slipping come from. Keeping my band tight gave me so many problems! I think the way they do it now slow and steady is so much better. You do not want to be in a position where you are vomiting all the time or very restricted in what you can eat. That leads to broken bands and a rubbish quality of life xx

lol if you follow the rules (regardless of fills) you will loose the weight steadily ...... which is great..... then keep the fills in reserve for when times get tougher :) i'm under the nhs ....their agenda isn't to get to restriction quickly, its a steady healthy weight loss, which suits me.... slow and steady ..... fingers crossed I've learned enough along the way to stay at target too (when I get there) :)

How's you doing TK? good to see you :)

.....and you were dead right, they are happy with my loss and what I am eating, losing all fat but muscle mass good. Yay!

Good for you, I lost most of my weight without a fill. My theory being my stomach must of been HUGE from the volume I ate, so the band put a grinding halt to that!

I agree with Caroline jess too, being too tight is not good!

I've recently had my band emptied after being referred to the NHS with a hernia and reflux. I haven't gained any weight but I'm now able to eat small portions of healthy and filling food xx

Good for you, I lost most of my weight without a fill. My theory being my stomach must of been HUGE from the volume I ate, so the band put a grinding halt to that! I agree with Caroline jess too, being too tight is not good! I've recently had my band emptied after being referred to the NHS with a hernia and reflux. I haven't gained any weight but I'm now able to eat small portions of healthy and filling food xx

Glad your doing better Mazza!!! :) xx

.....and you were dead right, they are happy with my loss and what I am eating, losing all fat but muscle mass good. Yay!

brilliant news :) i'm just over the year and only just slowing down weight wise, but not going at it like a mad woman now ...pretty much normal life :D just 24lb to target..........if I get there lol I just figure i'm fit and healthy so no hurry.... unless I start to gain, I cant see me getting a fill but the option is there if im struggling!! so wtg you :)

Hope your doing well Maza :) x x

Good for you, I lost most of my weight without a fill. My theory being my stomach must of been HUGE from the volume I ate, so the band put a grinding halt to that! I agree with Caroline jess too, being too tight is not good! I've recently had my band emptied after being referred to the NHS with a hernia and reflux. I haven't gained any weight but I'm now able to eat small portions of healthy and filling food xx
Mazza I remember you the first time round on here when you first had your band I had one same time I think?! I was just intrigued to find out what the hospital have decided to do with your band seeing as you have reflux and a hernia I had the exact same thing they decided to take my band out and give me a bypass instead i will say I did put on three of the nearly five stone I lost with the band though I see you have managed to keep your weight off if your band is empty will you get it removed? Xx

Back