• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting nervous now!!

rachel82

Hi everyone... I am being banded on the 14th at Dolan Park... Excited and nervous too.
Does anyone know what time i need to get there?

Hi Rachel, I was banded at Dolan park on Sunday, they usually call you a few days before to give you the time, I had to be there at 7am in the morning, everybody meets in reception, you will go into a consultation room for more blood tests, then a nurse will come down and collect you and take you to your room.

There were 6 others being banded on the same day, I went down 3rd at 11am, was back in my room by 12.30, I kept drifting in and out of sleep which was bliss, the nurse will come and take your blood pressure every twenty minutes. and by 6pm I was discharged and let home.

Who is doing your surgery? x

Hi Donna
Thanks for your answer! Its nice to hear that someone else has just had it done there.

My surgeon is Martin Richardson. Seemed ok when i met him. I just hope i've lost enough on the Pre-op to shrink my liver! x

Good luck Rachel. I'm being revised from band to bypass on 14th Jan. I expect we will all be catching up on each other's updates and progress post surgery !! Not long now :)

I'm sat in the hotel waiting! Didn't sleep last night!
I'm going in to Dolan at 10am. I just hope they don't hang about as I'm pretty scared now! X

Good luck Rachel .. You will be just fine ;)

Best of luck, you will be fine. Before you know it you will be awake and in recovery. Then then it all really starts. X

Good luck Rachel, you will get excellent care at Dolan Park, it will all be over before you know it!, keep us informed on how you are getting on. Rest up well and drink peppermint tea to help with the wind and pain, it really helps, but I cant stand the smell of it any more because I drank so much. x

Well all done! A few things...

The dangly thing at the back of my throat is enlarged!? Is this normal?

Super tired, I'm assuming it's to do with the anaesthetic and lack of sleep?

Very sore throat too.

Other than that I feel ok. Bruised but generally pretty well. The hospital group was great. I could however shoot the cockerel!!! :)

Thank you all for your great support and courage. I will hopefully upload pics at some point of my weight loss and a diary. Love to u all :) xx

Yay, glad it all went well!

Tiredness is totally normal, as is sore or tender throat - during the op you'll have had a tube in your throat, so throat and tooth damage is a risk of the op. It should clear up in a couple of days, but if not speak to your team or see your GP.
Now plenty of rest and a smooth recovery x

Funny you saying that my throat was really sore too, when I looked in the mirror I had a blood blister, think it must of been the tube that they put down your throat when you are under anaesthetic. I think I must of slept non stop for three days! make sure you rest up and drink loads of fluids x

Back