• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

getting nervous

cindy1

I have just received my pre op letter going Mon 1st March, Banding on 16th March.:D:D:D:eek: Am now on the dreaded liver shrinking diet:(, am following 2 slimfast and a 300 cal meal at mo. been doing it a few days and ok so far:) (dont know how long that feeling will last though):( Have to lose 7-14kg, does this have to be done by pre op date or op date?

Do you know what..... I was given the pre-op diet to follow at my consultation and never weighed again!
All I would say is follow the diet that you have been given and try not to worry about getting to a certain weight for a certain date. As long as you have followed the diet you'll be fine x

I agree
I wasnt given an amount to lose but tried hard not to gain. Just do your best thats all anyone can ask x

I was told to lose 1 - 2 st but only managed 15lb , but it wasn't even mentioned, i think they just want to see you've tried and not put any weight on, but you do have to op date to do the best you can , at the pre op assessment it a different department and they do assesments for the whole hospital not just for WLS so they just note it down with BP , ect , i saw Mr Super on the day of the op and he just asked if i'd lost weight but not how much , so try not to stress.x

i was told if i put on weight they wont do the op they said they would like me to lose so more if i can its better for the op xxx

Definately try your best to follow it, it's going to show your commitment to working with your WLS to lose weight, it's mainly for shrinking your liver so it's easier to move out of the way whilst they do the actual surgery. I think the liver reduces first quite a bit when you drop some weight and so the more you stick to it, the easier it will be to operate on you. (plus you are going to feel proud of yourself for shifting it)

As long as you don't gain any weight you should be fine. The pre op diet is not so much about the weight loss but about shrinking your liver so the surgeon can move it around to get to your stomach during the op. If the liver is too big it can get in the way and may get damaged. Good luck sweetheartxxx

Back