• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op weight loss update

cindy1

I cant beleive it as Victor Meldrew would say I have lost another 5 lbs this week on my liver shrinking diet (op 16th March, band at Heartlands).
Thats 28 lbs since 4th Feb.:D:D:D:D:D

I am having 2 slimfast shakes a day and a meal of about 300 cal and either fruit or sugarfree jelly.

I'm eating alot of salad and protein, either tuna or eggs but mostly chicken (i'll look like one soon:eatdrink023:)

I will have 1 maybe 2 coffees, lots of water and I am having lots of hot lemon to drink as I read somewhere drinking warm water with lemon juice helps with water retention (am weeing for England)

I dont think I can keep this rate going for much longer its bound to slow down, I just hope I dont struggle when I do have the band fitted as I have lost quite alot already and may not see great results afterwards, then get pi**ed off with it and end up cheating, coz as we all know you can only be really strict with ourselves for so long before we :break_diet::cry:

wow great weight loss, well done!

Fantastic weight loss Cindy.... I lost 2 stone and now my weight has slowed right down... I've lost 6lb in the last 2 weeks on the pre-op diet and i'm eating and drinking roughly the same as you are now at around 800 cals... I just hope its enough.. my op is next Monday and getting really nervous now.. x

That's a fantastic loss, well done! X

You're doing awesome Cindy, just as long as you follow the band rules after surgery and don't panic if it slows down before your first fill or two, you will be just fine x

Thanks all

Hi julie
I'm up for my pre op the same day, dont know if we will be in the same area of the hospital. You know it all better than me up there, I've only been the once before. My app is 12pm. Sending you loads of good luck for Monday. I'm sure your weight loss up to date is ok, give it one last push over the next few days and no final blowout meal (I know its tempting) and I'm sure you will have done enough to make them happy.

Wow both of you pre op ladies! Absolutely fantastic for you both xx

Thanks all

Hi julie
I'm up for my pre op the same day, dont know if we will be in the same area of the hospital. You know it all better than me up there, I've only been the once before. My app is 12pm. Sending you loads of good luck for Monday. I'm sure your weight loss up to date is ok, give it one last push over the next few days and no final blowout meal (I know its tempting) and I'm sure you will have done enough to make them happy.

Hi Cindy,

You will be in the main building for your pre-op hun which is where everyone goes no matter what op they are going to have and it's not far from the admissions lounge that I will be on. Feel free to pop in if you have time, I have no idea if I am going to be done in the morning or in the afternoon. My letter says that I will be in over night and will be going home at 7.30am if all is ok, I'm hoping I am able to go on the same day. :eek:

Hi Cindy
thats a great weight loss , well done you !

Hi Cindy,

You will be in the main building for your pre-op hun which is where everyone goes no matter what op they are going to have and it's not far from the admissions lounge that I will be on. Feel free to pop in if you have time, I have no idea if I am going to be done in the morning or in the afternoon. My letter says that I will be in over night and will be going home at 7.30am if all is ok, I'm hoping I am able to go on the same day. :eek:

Hi julie
I don't have to stay, I have to be in at 8am :eek:its nearly a 3 hour drive, and have been told that people living some distance away are done in the morning so all being well I will get home that night. As you have been told you are staying I can only presume you will have yours done in the afternoon.

Brilliant x well done
warm water and lemon is fab x

Back