• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting Really Very Stressed

robyn_s

Hi fellow banders,
I am due to have my band fitted on the 25th and I am really stressing about the whole thing. I am around 18st and have been struggling scince my teens. I also have pcos and have trying for a baby for the past 6 years. I have like many here tried everything and failed and I think that, that is more to do with me and the fact that maybe I subconciously use my weight as a reason for problems I have and if I lose the weight and those issues are still there then I am going to have to deal with a whole new set of things.
I get to a certain point in a diet maybe I have lost a stone or two and people are saying how good I am looking and I seem to just hit a wall and turn and run in the other direction and I am really worried that this is going to happen again. When I went for my consultation I was offered an appointment that weekend and when I asked "what about the pre op diet" I was told that the some surgens are really strict about this but the surgen I have chosen (Prof. Favretti) isn't, which has then made me feel like "well its ok, I don't need to do it" even though I know I do.
I am now last suppering with all the very best intentions to make sure that I have at least 5 days on the pre op diet.
I really do feel so confused and lost and could really do with hearing from other that have felt like they have been in a similar situation or felt the same sort of feelings.
Sorry this is quite heavy and all over the place but really need some guidance as I feel like sticking my head in a bath of wine :cry:.

Thank you
Robyn xx

Hi, self sabotage is what I've been doing for years just like you. Losing a bit of weight then ruining it all for no good reason. I also think that I was holding on to the weight as it was an excuse not to do many things in life. I have lost five stone which I'm over the moon about but I do still have bouts of self sabotage especially when I'm about to go down into the next stone. It's so frustrating!
Having my band has been the best thing I've ever done, to finally take control of my life and make a drastic change has been so in-powering.
I think I will always struggle with my self confidence but I feel so good! I can look in the mirror and like what I see, I can go clothes shopping in normal shops, I'm slimmer than my sisters for the first time! It's bloody great! Go for it!!
xx

Hi, self sabotage is what I've been doing for years just like you. Losing a bit of weight then ruining it all for no good reason. I also think that I was holding on to the weight as it was an excuse not to do many things in life. I have lost five stone which I'm over the moon about but I do still have bouts of self sabotage especially when I'm about to go down into the next stone. It's so frustrating!
Having my band has been the best thing I've ever done, to finally take control of my life and make a drastic change has been so in-powering.
I think I will always struggle with my self confidence but I feel so good! I can look in the mirror and like what I see, I can go clothes shopping in normal shops, I'm slimmer than my sisters for the first time! It's bloody great! Go for it!!
xx
I am so glad you posted this - I thought it was only me! I have been doing well and 26s are in sight and have completely blown it this week.

I think a lot of people use weight as an excuse or barrier for or against something.
For me it stops male attraction .
For the last 6 yrs of my marriage I turned my emotions off , in part of that time I lost 6 stone but promptly put it all back on & some ! Then the 3.5 yrs since I have been single it keeps it that way .
I'm not sure I want to become " visible " again , but I do know I have to do this for my health .
Good luck in your journey xx

good luck to you robyn. i am certain you will get lots of support in respect of your fertility issues from lots of supportive and knowledgeable folk on this site.
all the best to you hun, i'm certain things will work out for you
jan xx

Best of luck and as I keep on saying this is def a mind game. If you're head isn't in the right place you will struggle afterwards. you spend the first few months not having the right level of restriction and you need to draw on willpower at this time. A fill helps but is no magic cure.....start afresh in the morning thinking of all the reasons you wanted this to be done...if you gain the focus now you will sail through post op

Good luck!! X

I could have written this myself, so you are not alone. I echo what miss hungry said but also what Jo said. It is the best thing I have done but also the number rule with a band is 30% of the work is the band 70% is you and its Sooooo true. I used to think, yeah yeah not me, I.am not that bad food choice wise its just volume and the band ll be the quick fix I desperately want / need. It takes dedication hard work discipline BUT BEST THING I HAVE DONE. Good luck. We are all here for you xx

Hi there I had band fitted on the 21 of dec and just recently had band filled for the first time, I'm really struggling at the moment on the liquids stage again, I was the same I have the band fitted because of my weight, having pcos and trying to conceive for 6 years, all I want is to be able to have children and lose weight. But just seem like its never going to happen. Sorry about post I'm having a bad day today.

Rant away your bad day, this is why we are here for. Support

I think we should have a 5 mns cry together

I could have written this myself, so you are not alone. I echo what miss hungry said but also what Jo said. It is the best thing I have done but also the number rule with a band is 30% of the work is the band 70% is you and its Sooooo true. I used to think, yeah yeah not me, I.am not that bad food choice wise its just volume and the band ll be the quick fix I desperately want / need. It takes dedication hard work discipline BUT BEST THING I HAVE DONE. Good luck. We are all here for you xx
Well, thats where I've been going wrong Mis- I was told it was 40% band and 60% us!!! hahaha. See, that 10% has been missing from my efforts! I'll have to dig deep and find it from somewhere :)

And crying is excellent. Much,much better than food to help you feel better. Then have a nap or a bath and put your dressing gown on and watch something funny on the tv! Just remember to AVOID the kitchen!!

Oh Mrs pill you are funny. Big hugs xxx

Back