• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Money, Pain, Upset.... and all I can think about is food. Still.

iheartny

I'm just after some reassurance really. I had my op on Monday and have had a rough couple of days.
I feel so hungry. Now I know this is probably my head fooling me and I am trying to be sensible with my liquid choices (slimfast for calories, sived soup for something savory and a muller light) but I really am struggling.
I am more p***ed off that I have spent all this money and caused all this upset to feel this way.
I knew it was never going to be easy - and certainly not a solution to the binging that I do but I could just do with knowing that I;m not the only one.
Did anyone else feel like this? :cry:

I dont know much about having the band but you are still early days and im sure it will get easier, one of the banders will be along soon to reasure you im sure x dont be too hard on yourself hun your still healing x

thid is normal to feel like this the band doesnt just fix our problems with food issues, you will feel hungry but its more probably just head hunger right now as if u ate solids now it would hurt with the swelling inside, things only start to work properly once the fill process starts as the 1st 6 weeks is healing only x

Sweetie, give yourself a break...you only had op 4 days ago!!!!

Take a deep breath and remember why you wanted this operation.

Banders often feel hungry until their first fill. Hunger is normal. As the swelling goes down, you will return to almost normal as before and the liquid stage is there to help your bits and pieces heal inside. Once you start getting fills, you get restriction and you can begin to use the tool to your advantage.

be patient, it does work...:eek::D

hi iheartny

sorry ypur feeling so crapola. I'm not a bander but didnt want to read and run, it is going to take some time for you to adjust to your new tool both physically and emotionally, you need to focus on your recovery hun. Also dont expect to show weightloss at tomorrow weigh in as it is possible you may have gained since you were last weighed and you have a lot of swelling.

Can you try milky drinks to stave of hunger, I find a milky coffee helps me.

Hope you feel better soon, take care Xx

Oh I notice you like new york :) my son is flying there on Monday lucky sod!

I think we all still get hungry hun, I tell myself this.....

"A Chinese will put a smile on my face for about 20 mins, Being Slim and healthy, will make me smile forever" ;)

I call these the post op blues and these weight loss surgeries don't change how we feel about food at all. It will be worth it in the long run but it takes time.

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind words of wisdom. I think I realised my trigger last night.
My other half had gone out on the razz, the little one was alseep and ordinarily I would have planned for such an occasion with lots of nice treats to binge on - "because I deserved a treat" a bottle of wine and a couple of cigarettes whilst the hubby isn't looking.
In a matter of months I have gone from doing all of the above to nothing. I clearly need to find my new hobby or distraction to this and am glad that I recognised this - so if you have any suggestions.... feel free.

Thanks for helping me get through a difficult spell successfully!
x

Its good that you realised you were bored. Could you do some crafting of some sort card making, scrapbooking, sewing, knitting or crochet would all keep your hands busy as would being on here. I find time flies by whilst on the computer.

Do you fancy having a go at paper crafting? Its my hobby and I love it. I am going to have some stuff ready to do for after my op, so I can send you some cards to make if you fancy it. I can't do messages on here but post your email address and I'll get in touch if you want to try it.

Thanks Morph! Thats really kind!
I have just remembered I picked a couple of x stitch mothers day cards up a few weeks ago in the sale so that is going to be tonight's activity!
I'm also iff to the retail park to see if they have just dance in stock for the wii!
x

email me your address ihearthy, annajahead at yahoo dot co dot uk
minus the spaces of course!

Right..... I think we need to have a banding revolution guys. I have just been reading the other old thread about if you regretted your op and it has really peed me off.
I am now going to slap myself around the face, stop moaning and make my band work for me (which it already has). I do not want to be one of those people who regrets having their band..... not least because I am paying for it for the next 4 years.
So... I am requesting we forget this depressing thread that I started and I am going to make a new "positive thinking" thread that reminds me why I know I've made the best decision.
And CC, you make a decision that is right for you but just remember that it is very easy to get a bias point of view on here! x

Right..... I think we need to have a banding revolution guys. I have just been reading the other old thread about if you regretted your op and it has really peed me off.
I am now going to slap myself around the face, stop moaning and make my band work for me (which it already has). I do not want to be one of those people who regrets having their band..... not least because I am paying for it for the next 4 years.
So... I am requesting we forget this depressing thread that I started and I am going to make a new "positive thinking" thread that reminds me why I know I've made the best decision.
And CC, you make a decision that is right for you but just remember that it is very easy to get a bias point of view on here! x

Thank you. x

Back