• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going on holiday with a band

sarahk

Hi i,m going to Lanzaroti in september, its a 4 hour flight, i seem to remember if u are flying for more than 4 hours u need some of your fill taken out. Does this apply to a 4 hour flight or just over 4 hours, I dont want any taken out but dont want to be ill either. I will ring my provider but what do u all think. I have 6 ml in a 10 ml band

I think you need to speak to your provider mon this one. I dont know its a myth re defills- I have heard of people having a slight defill to be able to eat more on holiday though!

Flying might make your band tighter but it will settle.

Have a lovely holiday! x

Thanks Mazza the last thing i want is to go on hols and put on 1/2 stone. Have u flown since having your band

I asked about this when I went for my appointment at the hospital last Friday. The consultant said it was a myth about flights and bands and defills. He said the band will feel tighter during the flight ( I am going long haul and it is a minimum 10 1/2 hours flight) and you may not feel like eating but once off the plane everything settles. That was his view and I am going with it!

tranquil x

Thought lucky cow off on her hollibobs with a gang of rockers!

Back