• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to beg doctor

happy days

I have a app with my gp next Friday to see him about all my excess skin. The team at srh say they won't refer anyone anymore as the bmi target is unrealistic so you need to see your own gp. Has anyone else been successful via this route.

Can't help, darlin, but good luck :) let us know how you go :) See if he will do a two for one & I'll join ya xxx

Last edited:
OOooooo good luck :) xxx

Good Luck, let us no how u get on x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I went to my doctor about skin she examined me to see if it was worth referring me incase the surgeon said no but she referred me to a plastics surgeon, he told me about procedures best suited for me and said he is willing to do them. I heard back from the pct but they turned me down but it's my appeal today and my doctor said she is doing everything in her power to help me. Sorry if that's no help to you but that's how mines gone up 2 now x

nikki23 said:
I went to my doctor about skin she examined me to see if it was worth referring me incase the surgeon said no but she referred me to a plastics surgeon, he told me about procedures best suited for me and said he is willing to do them. I heard back from the pct but they turned me down but it's my appeal today and my doctor said she is doing everything in her power to help me. Sorry if that's no help to you but that's how mines gone up 2 now x

Thanks Nikki at least it gives me some idea of what to expect x

What happens if they refuse your appeal? .. I'm approaching the stage where I'm thinking about plastics and my GP is as unhelpful as he has been after my surgery that he suggested!

I don't know just yet I'm waiting for my letter from pct to state that I didn't get it and what to do next, I'm thinking maybe appeal again? Or doctor referral again

Been to docs basically I don't meet criteria as bmi 28 and has to be 27. So he said he will refer me on special circumstance which I thought yeah great :)
Then followed by don't think you will get it thou as you have more than an A cup. So it was a waste of time but at least I asked. :(

What did you ask for exactly HD?

Miss Tickle said:
What did you ask for exactly HD?

Breast augmentation as I knew I didn't meet the guidelines for plastics after weight loss so I went in on the grounds of depression.

I hope you dot get knocked back, I'm going to the doctors and seeing if I can be referred again hopefully they will x

All i wat is the HUGE lump that hangs down from my groin to my knee removed, was told if i lost 7 st she would do it for me, asked GP to re refer me and i have to wait until 6 months after my sleeve op so thats 21st August. Not worried about any other floppy bits but this lump is so big and i feel like a freak :(
Good luck all xxx

Is that because of weight loss sorry to ask :s just curious as I have a lump around there but it isn't due to weight loss I'm waiting to have it cut away x

Back