• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS TUMMY TUCK???? ANY MORE INFO??

PSL

Hi all,

I am new to this wondering if anyone had some additional info.

I have been refered to a plastic surgeon by my GP after two huge children and c-sections I have a huge over hang and no elasticity in my stomach what so ever. My GP has previously been reluctant to refer me and previously said that i will not get help on the NHS. I have seen my doctor 5-6 times over the last 4 years about this. The last time I went to see him, he finally looked at my stomach and agreed it is really very bad. I have never really been overweight and within a healthy BMI at the moment. But not really sure what happens from here.... I have an appointment with the consultant next month, but does this mean that I am able to go ahead with the surgery if the consultant deems me fit or will we then have to go to the PCT???? I thought that it needs to be ok'ed by the PCT before you see a consultant???? Really confused and feeling stressed out. Has anyone been through this before.
user_offline.gif

Hi ya,
I am going through the same thing at the moment and have had some great advise from the girls on here.
As the answers to your questions, it really comes down to the area you live on how things work out. Take a little look at my story (TT Hope) as im going through the same sort of thing at the moment. I have seen a PS and got referred back to my GP as i didnt quite reach the criteria for the BMI and maintaining of it as my BMI has always been ok. It may just have to be a case of waiting and seeing what they say at your appointment. What PCT area do you come under as there may be some ladies on here in the same area that could help more.
Good luck with it and keep us posted on what happens
xxxx

Hi there,

Im the same as kezzak, it really does depend on where you live as she said. What area are you in?
The PS may agree to doing it but it really comes down to if the PCT will fund....Keep us posted on your story and GOOD LUCK!!!

Mandy x

Hi girls,

I amWandsworth PCT anyone else had any dealing with them???
I will defo keep my story posted and will have a reasd of yours Kezzack

Hi PSL,
By going to your gp & being referred & getting an appoinment to see a ps you certainly are on your way. BUT like many others have said it depends on everyone's each & individual circumstances & it can come down to where you live.
I had a very large over hang & went years with my gp telling me that a tt would never be offered to me on the nhs & that it's only ever considered in extreme cases.
I gave up hope & just accepted that despite losing 4 stone which isn't as much as others but at 4ft 10 was very unsightly. i was always going to have excess skin.

I happened to see a different gp 1 day for something not related to my tummy & she said she would refer me, i couldn't believe it & i hadn't even mentioned it to her.

I was worried upon seeing the surgeon when he said that the tt needed to be done but it would have to be put before the PCT first, being cosmetiacl i was sure they would not see it as extreme enough, but i think the thing that tipped the scales for me was my tummy muscles were in a bad state & because of this it wasn't referred to the PCT, I was automaticly given the funding on medical grounds rather than cosmetical.
So i guess there are many different factors to take into account & everyone's cases are different despite everyone needing the same end result.
Hope this helps
Good luck, stay positive & keep us posted.x

Back