• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to hospital alone

Hi Em., we have pulled each other up a few times since knowing you and my approach on this is to just turn up for it... get there whatever it takes and focus on your new life... I may be choosing to go to the hospital alone since my family are so many miles away from the hospital... so it's the simplest thing to do and I like simplicity...
If I were nearer I would stay with you for sure... Em., I am here if you need me...

Loads of love and hugs, Bev... you are nearly there love! xxx

Hi Emm i will be going into Hospital on my own, Just split with partner after 23yrs. i think he is jealous. But i have something to look forward to

Wendy, take a positive stance and do it for you love... you are what counts and just look forward and not back... your time is going to come quicker than you think... good luck on your WLS journey.. love and hugs, Bev xxx

Hi Em., we have pulled each other up a few times since knowing you and my approach on this is to just turn up for it... get there whatever it takes and focus on your new life... I may be choosing to go to the hospital alone since my family are so many miles away from the hospital... so it's the simplest thing to do and I like simplicity...
If I were nearer I would stay with you for sure... Em., I am here if you need me...

Loads of love and hugs, Bev... you are nearly there love! xxx

Beverlie what hospital will you be going to?

Salford Royal... I shall stay the night before at my Sister's home in Frodsham and then I have a car arranged to take me to the hospital fifteen mins away and the same on my return, then I'll get collected when a member of the family has time... that will suit me fine, since I get to see my big Sister and I'm not putting anyone out...

I hope you get it sorted the way you want it Em., I have got that used to going to and from hospitals this last year or two, I just turn up now and I'm hoping to just do the same... have planned it and told my family how I want it (can't do with a fuss) but it's understandable that you may want someone with you, wish I were nearer, for sure, I would be there and just hoping Em that you get it how you like things precious....

Enjoy your time out this evening... love and hugs and to you Karen xxx

Bless you love, that would be so lovely... we are in touch, so I will keep you posted of everything anyway and thank you so much Karen... I'm a bit like you, just like to go and get on with it and then get home and do the right thing...

Thanks a million and rest up precious xxx

I too wish I could be closer so I could hold your hand. But me personally will have no problem if I go on my own. I find myself worrying about whoever is with me & I cope with things by blocking them out. Usually I read & use it as escapism.

I now that sounds really selfish....

Good luck Em

(((hugz)))Hi seawaves,

I have no hubby or significant other, so I will most likely be going in to hospital on my own too, although I know my mum may insist on coming, I'd rather that she looked after my babies for me while I'm gone.

Hopefully I'll have a visitor or two.

Good luck to you hun, you will be just fine, after all we've carried these extra Lbs alone and that in my mind has been the hardest part.

Thanks everyone, you've made me smile :D, do you know i looked back at some old posts the other day & i'm really not a misery.
I am (mostly!) a happy person, i promise one day that i will start a thread with a smile, HONEST!! :p

Hi Em,

What hospital are you having your surgery at?
Do you know if they have the bedside Phone/TV/internet systems.

If so I can guarantee you won't be alone because we will all be just a click away.

Sending you a big hug! xxx :)

Hi Em, keep going and keep positive, look at the longer term and best foot forward! You are doing really brilliantly and often we don't see it for ourselves, but for certain you are.. always here for you and hope last night was a good one...

Hugs and love always, Bev xxx

(((big hugs to u hun))) u r a strong woman and very soon ur going to have the biggest smile on ur face when u take ur well deserved space on the losers bench.
My son was with me and also my uncle who so kindly slept by my side for 24hrs in the Hdu unit and the reason he did this is because unfortunately a good friend of mine who had her op 10 days b4 me was not treated well at all on the ward and we r both under the same hospital and my uncle was a medic in the Israeli army so he decided to keep a close eye on me the first 24 hrs to make sure i was not treated the same way as my friend.
Tbh for the first 24 hrs i was out of it and did not even realise who was with me and by the time i got on to the normal ward i was ready to go home.
Take care hun and will be keeping ur seat warm for u on the losers bench, we might not be there with u but we will all be thinking of u xx

Ah Roch thank you, your post made me :cry: what is it with the mixed emotions this week, one minute laughter next minute tears....weirdo!!
Well my aunt & uncle have offered to take me to the hospital on monday & i said no!!!! i suddenly thought oh no i can't do goodbyes i'll be a wreck, there is no pleasing me! I think the time i will feel lonely will be monday night, as will be in there but not having op till tues, but hey i have people i can text & call as there is no internet access at the hospital (so i've been told). Thank you everyone for your support love u all xx

Back