• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alone after sugery

kirstyjade

How did people cope if they live alone after surgery? I might be moving into my own house in a couple of weeks and will be alone, there will be people dropping by but will be mostly alone will this be ok? I won't have any choice as Iv had a big bust up with my family it will pass over time but I think I will be doing it alone right after surgery

You will be ok just take it easy..it will be hard as you can't lift anything for a while and you won't have the reassurance of someone being there but by the end of the first week you will be feeling a lot better believe me!

yes like Karina says, take it easy for the first week. However you can walk around, gently. My nurse did encourage me to walk around the block in the first week, helpful for preventing blood clots.
after the first week, you will be all fine. the only problem will be feeling a bit light headed because of low calorie intake. put your feet up and watch loads of daytime telly :)

I live by myself and it was fine I did do some pre planning got food and drinks in cleaned up the house leaving me very little to do in terms of house work was at home for the rest of the weekend then gentle walk to the shops 4days post surgery

I am alone & a single parent of a 4 year old & I'm managing (just!). For the first few days my ex looked after my son but after that I was left to it. The most important thing to remember is not to bend! I have been & my wounds haven't knitted together properly yet, so now I'm just having to leave things on the floor! Move things to a reachable height if possible & stock up on the basics. I have a shop opposite my house so a little walk there is good for me anyway. Just take it easy & don't overdo things x

Back