• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gone veggie since op, can't face meat which is strange for me

bex986

Have been given the go ahead for proper food a couple of weeks ago and all I want is vege food and, salad, The thought of meat turns my stomach, which is strange for me as I was a really big meat eater before surgery.

Hi Bex,

I'm a veggie and hoping my taste doesn't go the other way too!! (3days post op) If you need any veggie alternative ideas give me a shout :) xx

Hi Bex I'm 5 month post bypass and loved a steak pre surgery but now I eat mostly vegetarian food . I would choose a veg burger over meat !!!!!!iI have just accepted that my pouch is a vegetarian !!!!

Hey Banana,

How are things on the other side. I'm veggie and a little worried about getting all the protein I need.

Ginny x

Thanks for replies.
How do you get your protein in as a veggie? As am still using protein shakes at the mo but ideally want to use them as little as I can.
Am eating things like lentils, quorn and cous cous.
Another thing I have found is I am really enjoying cooking and discovering food again since the my sleeve.

HI Bex,

I hear chia seeds are a great source of protein and you can pretty much add them anything, really good for you too.

Ginny

Thanks will have to look out for them next time I go shopping :)

I'm worried about this too Bex, I'm on liquids now for 2 weeks and need some protein advice too!! I'm going to get a dieticians appointment as soon as I can privately and will report back :)

Is it normal to sometimes feel extremely hungry post op or is it just the sleeve gurgling/settling down? Sometimes it's quite a pain but I think I'm doing great for being 4days out!

Hi Ginny!
Doing good on the other side thank you :) how are you? :)xx

Hiya
I'm 8 months post op and was just a normal eat everything type of gal. Now I just about Manage a whole egg or half a piece of bacon, perhaps a slice of chicken or beef. Can't cope with a full on fillet steak but a small bits ok. I've found half a small jacket spud with some baked beans is a good lunch these days for the protein but I get gassy which isn't great for work; unfortunately I can't just sit in a corner in a blue haze haha.

Banana, if you could post back on protein idea that would be great I am only just nearly 6weeks out and eating veggie really am struggling to get the protein in.

When I first had mine I had reallly bad hunger pains but was told its the gas and acid settling.
Am still getting it a bit now but am also getting majorly bad acid so I think its now more due to that at the moment, as I know I am not hungry because it sometimes happens straight after food.

xx

Dandelions- thanks am going to add baked beans and baked potato to my list as am making a list of protein foods and then going to look up the protein values. Will post it on here after have done it x

Back