• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this a Non Scale Victory...?

Muttley1900

So, one of my fav things to do is have friends over to eat.

I haven't done this since back before I started my pre-op diet - so around just over 2 months ago.

This Sunday, just gone, I had invited friends over for a late lunch / early supper.

We had....

Starter
Mushroom pate (I didn't have bread, but used a rice cake)

Main
Chicken breast (just with olive oil, salt/pepper and garlic with some lemon squeezed over it in the last few mins of cooking)
Roasted Monk Fish - again, simply done, no sauces
Asparagus
Greek salad (which I didn't eat any of the feta cheese as not "low fat" variety)
Boiled new potatoes (I didn't have any)

Dessert
Fresh strawberries and raspberries with cream (I had a small hand full of them, but no cream)

There was crisps out on the tables before and after the meal (I didn't have any) and we even had a box of mint chocolate thins with coffee later (again, I only had the coffee).

So, why is this a NSV for me? Well I suppose in the past I would have been grazing on the food as I prepared it, been happy to eat crisps, bread, new potatoes and chocolates with everyone else and gone back for seconds ... thirds etc etc and gone on to eat the left overs during the late evening as everyone left. But I didn't do any of that - ate sensibly, protean, salad/veg and limited the carbs - didn't touch any of the wine that was flowing all afternoon/evening but still felt happy and enjoyed the day with friends.

I'm not saying I'm over my addiction to food, but I now know that I can eat with friends and still enjoy myself.

Last edited:
Absolutely a nsv. Life does not have to change for the worse following wls. I eat out a lot and still cook lots of meals for friends. I never go anywhere and say 'I won't /can't eat that' and make others feel uncomfortable by being a 'diet bore' ... I just quietly adapt what/how much I choose to eat. And if I eat a lovely sweet/non low fat treat, I just make sure I relish each tiny mouthful. It's amazing how much your attitude to taste and texture, versus quantity kicks in! Enjoy x

Mmmm sounds yummy - fed up of milk :)

Definitely sounds like a NSV. To me, sounds a bit delish too!
Well done :)
Em xxxx

Last edited:
Definitely an NSV... Quite a monumental one at that!! To know that you can still enjoy eating socially, but in a different way is fantastic!! Sounds like the sleeve has really worked for you, well done xx

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie, 7days out had my sleeve on the 5th/09. I am struggling with liquid diet, its nice to hear someone can still do the things they enjoy with friends and family and still be disciplined.

Any advise for a newbie as am struggling to take in enough liquid or protein so far, is this normal how did you guys cope?

Thanks

Any advise for a newbie as am struggling to take in enough liquid or protein so far, is this normal how did you guys cope?

Mmmm, the liquids, well all i did was sip, sip, sip and sip some more all day long.

To boost the protein in the early days I took the protein shots - 27g protein in each one, but a small amount of liquid. Not cheap, but made me feel better that my protein intake was good, especially during the recovery stage.

What does your provider suggest?

Hi am sorry I just saw this now, Iv been given 2weeks liquids (which is over thank god) 3weeks pureed and 6weeks soft food. It seems to be a tough order but it has to be done.
I feel great but have head hunger and not eating enough lol?!

which protein shots if you dont mind me asking?

which protein shots if you dont mind me asking?

I think they were the pro-slam ones. But there are plenty out there that do the same thing. Others on here talk about mixing their own up with powder, so you may be better off starting a thread over in the pre or post op diet sections.

Back