• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gonna go for it!

There is another pill similar to champix available now. Can't remember what it's called though. It works a lot better on the cravings than champix does. You start it up to 2 weeks before you quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

update

Well even though i havent summoned the courage yet to 'go for it' i am now thinking of the gastric wrap i read of a few mos ago and was reminded when i checked CB site. I have my passport and the only thing holding me back is fear of complications and the cutting of my insides so the wrap sounds ideal...just need to quit fags (AGAIN lol). was on champix in dec and was so depressed it was unreal!:eek:

update

Well even though i havent summoned the courage yet to 'go for it' i am now thinking of the gastric wrap i read of a few mos ago and was reminded when i checked CB site. I have my passport and the only thing holding me back is fear of complications and the cutting of my insides so the wrap sounds ideal...just need to quit fags (AGAIN lol). was on champix in dec and was so depressed it was unreal!:eek:

The decision making is an excruciating time isn't it!! I was adamant that I wanted a band until I spoke with my surgeon and discussed my eating style. He intimated that perhaps a bypass would be a better option. So off I trotted and went into turmoil!! It caused a little argument with OH as he felt too dangerous etc. But we both researched and looked at people's experiences on here and other sites and settled my mind on bypass. I am six days post op and feel happy with my choice now. All you can do is exactly what you are doing and research! You will reach a point when you know you have your mind made up. The relief when the decision is made is phenomenal and will probably help you stop smoking. I wish you all the very best and keep us updated!!! X

wow, I started this thread 20 months ago!:eek:

Back