• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

good day, bad day

ditsy_dame

I'm 9 days post op from a sleeve. I'm supposed to still be on liquids, but I have experimented with very runny purees like baby food and yogurt and that seems to go down alright. So i don't think my problem is food related. I'll have a day when I feel OK, I even visited friends 2 days ago. Then yesterday I was wretched. Nausea, felt freezing cold and exhausted. No problems with my wounds they are clean and dry, healing nicely. No fever. Just feeling like refried poo. Is this normal? Am I pushing things just to walk 50 yards to a neighbour and have a cup of tea?
Also, I feel hungry and then when I get somethng in front of my face I realize it's not hunger, it's nausea. My diet sheet says I should be aiming for 1500 calories a day. I doubt I even make 500 a day. I've made herbalife shakes with extra protein powder and I can't finish it. Have half, and then have to have the other half at dinner. I used to sink a herbalife shake in minutes and still have room for a banana.
Thanks for any input, I feel kinda lost and confused and I wonder if I feel so seedy because I'm not getting enough calories or protein.

ACK!
I am so sorry, I meant to put this in the general forum. My brain isn't working very well either it seems. Can a mod please move it. I am such a dimbot lately. :eek:

best to pm one of the mods ditsy :)

If it helps, its normal to have days where you feel really pants, remember you've had major surgery and your body is still recovering.

Back