• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good eating patterns when working shifts?

tendersage

Has anyone found a way to promote healthy eating whilst working shifts? i am struggling, the 12 hours i work on night shifts really throws my eating plan out the window. I get tired and cranky, and there is no way i can do any exercise as i am lucky to get 6 hours sleep during the day.

I have currently bought myself some wrist/ankle weights to wear to and from work, and around the house while i am off to help me increase my muscle tone and maybe start the weight loss moving again. Its been such a long time now since i lost weight (before xmas) and although i have NOT put weight on it does fluctuate up and down by as much as 7lbs (mainly due to fluid retention)

I find it really difficult too. Nights are a pain. Mainly because sometimes it can be really quiet and I get bored to start picking. I take fruit now for these reasons! I try to eat at the same time intervals as I would if it was through the day!

For exercise I have bought a cross trainer and have a multigym. I cycle on my days off and then do the cross trainer and the gym when I am working nights or days!

Last edited:
I do the same, tend to eat on the run, today i ate a sandwich for lunch in a meeting at 3pm, my breakfast was something grabbed and eaten on the train with coffee, and dinner tonight will be about 22:00 ish if i'm lucky, its a problem, i have though i have managed to squeeze a 5km run in in between meetings, so i'm fairly happy about that.

Back