• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good morning

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Morning everyone.
Well, I'm back from holiday, we had a wonderful time, but it's good to be home again.
I just had a chat with the lady who deals with referrals at my GP's, and she told me that she has spoken to the relevant people, and she is going to book me an appt with a consultant, I just need to wait to hear back from her, and she will give me my appt date.
So, I'm one teeny weeny step closer, it's a long old process isn't it.
So, how is everyone else doing, what's happened on here while I have been away?

hello emma, I'm a newbie to this part of the forum while you've been away, having a rny bypass next month.

sounds promising that you're getting the referral!

Hello shelbell, gosh, yours is next month, how exciting, how long have you had to wait?

I had a phone call earlier, my appt to see the consultant is on July 23.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me the kind of things I can expect, and also the best things to say to him.

What will be the next step after I have seen him?

And advice or info would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks so much!

mine was NHS, and my PCT makes you jump through hoops lol. I first saw my GP 18 months ago, and didn't get referred to the consultant until funding had been granted, it seems to work different in each PCT though.

I saw the consultant on the 28th April, so just under 3 months from then to op. Just be honest with him/her, that way they can help you decide which surgery is best for you.

Some people seem to go GP-Surgeon-Op within a matter of weeks, while some like me it takes months, but if you're seeing the surgeon it shouldn't be long after that!

Thanks so much for your reply SB. I am so nervous about my appt already because as you all know, the consultant's decision could potentially change my life.
So, I've just got to wait now until my appt, it feels like it's forever away, although it's only about 5 weeks.

Hello..welcome back from holiday

Make a list of things you want to ask your consultant over the next month as they come up as when your there you get so much info your mind goes blank.

I was told to just be as honest as possible with your consultant about the various ways in which the weight problem affects you..even if embarrassing

Sorry i can`t be more help but i`m sure with the wealth of experience on here you`ll get some really useful tips x

yup i think honesty is important! If you watch things like fat doctor you'll see people over and over again going to see the doc and saying 'well i don't eat much and I eat healthily', then see them stop at the KFC on the way home! your particular eating problems will give him an idea of which op is best, so honesty is very important.

Don't be nervous, my surgeon was lovely and I'm sure yours will be too.

Back