• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got funding but confused HULL

lolly_lou

Hi ladies and gents, my gp referred me two weeks ago for funding for a gastric bypass, his secretary Informed me that the pct had sent some paperwork for the doctor to fill in which he sent back. Then my referral to the surgeon has gone through which I'm waiting for a letter about. Does this mean its all gone through? What's the process now? I thought you had to jump through other hoops before seeing the surgeon?
Bmi over 40
Been on weight watchers
Been to the dietician
Been on orlistat
Been like this for 5 years

Thanks
Louise :)

Well i have an appointment with the surgon on the 3rd of june so if i find out anything ill let you

Well i have an appointment with the surgon on the 3rd of june so if i find out anything ill let you

Wow is good its been quick! My referral took ages cause the first Dr applied for funding b4 I saw a surgeon. I had to be referred to the weight management clinic and see the surgeon first so that all had to be re done. I saw the surgeon in January and he sent me for lots of tests. I'm still on this stage, I've completed a sleep test and blood tests and they needed to check my lungs. I still need to see a head Dr and then see my surgeon again and give him my final decision. Then they apply for funding. Once that's approved I get put on a waiting list which is approx 3 mnths (so I've been Told). Oh I also had a endoscopy (bleugh). It sounds really long but since Jan my appts have come through really quick so I hope it stays in the same momentum.
I'm not sure if any of that helped but good luck anyway and do let us know how u get on x

Back