• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date for surgery

Chez one

Hi I have got my date for surgery 17th May, any ideas on what I need to take into hosp. Also is there anything I should be taking before surgery to help me along thank you x

Bling Babe

Congratulations, it’s a good idea to start your multi vitamins and minerals as soon as possible. Don’t pack too much, a pillow to hold over your tummy on the way home in the car is fantastic, some people use dry mouth spray, lip balm, ear plugs, eye mask, a book in case you don’t sleep, incisions are above waist line so pyjamas will be fine and dressing gown, slippers, hand cream, no added sugar squash, I’ve probably forgotten some things but others will add on.
Good luck, looking forward to your updates. How long do you have to do the lrd and is it milk or food? X

Chez one

Congratulations, it’s a good idea to start your multi vitamins and minerals as soon as possible. Don’t pack too much, a pillow to hold over your tummy on the way home in the car is fantastic, some people use dry mouth spray, lip balm, ear plugs, eye mask, a book in case you don’t sleep, incisions are above waist line so pyjamas will be fine and dressing gown, slippers, hand cream, no added sugar squash, I’ve probably forgotten some things but others will add on.
Good luck, looking forward to your updates. How long do you have to do the lrd and is it milk or food? X
Thank you so much for replying back with this useful information, especially the mouth spray as I get so thirsty. Do you know what mouth spray thanks again x

Parsnip

Congratulations. I'll add you to the list x

Thank you so much for replying back with this useful information, especially the mouth spray as I get so thirsty. Do you know what mouth spray thanks again x
I got my dry mouth spray in Boots. It was a god send. Congrats on your date for surgery! I had my mini gastric bypass a week ago. I'm doing ok. It's a huge life change but for all the right reasons xx

Sarnie

Hi I have got my date for surgery 17th May, any ideas on what I need to take into hosp. Also is there anything I should be taking before surgery to help me along thank you x
Congrats on getting your date. To add to what Bling already said, I'm taking a bottle with me to fill up for the journey home, I'm 3 hours away from my hospital and they tell you to sip sip sip. Loose clothing, because of your wounds, slippers, dressing gown and toiletries. x