• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date

kate_86

Hi, I've got my date for 19th August at Derby, im starting to get nervous now. Also worried because I haven't quit smoking yet, which i really need to do before the op.

ooo good luck hunni keep your mind focused on the end results of what your op will bring and that maybe could help you stop smoking x

Big congratulations to you. It feels very exciting but very nerve wracking too?

Could you get help from your practice nurse with the stopping smoking? patches etc?

I've never smoked but as an ex-nurse I can say categorically that you don't want to be smoking so soon before or after an anaesthetic......sorry love, I'm not being judgemental at all...it's just that as I'm sure you know) you can have horrible chest complications if you smoke.........so I hope you get past this hurdle soon.

Hugs, Charis xx

I'm just going to go cold turkey and hope i manage 2 do it, i've got something to look forward 2 so hopefully that will pull me through when i'm struggling. I'm a nurse also so I know I have to do it should of quit along time ago

congrats and good luck xx

yay well done, nto long to go xx

congratulations luv! bet your really excited! ive stopped smoking for the WLS too. i used the nicotine inhalator and it realy helped. im also at derby hospital for my WLS, how long have you been waiting? id love to hear how your journey has been so far, have you wrote a diary on here?

I'm hearing ya with the smoking!! :wave_cry:

Giving up smoking and trying to lose weight at the same time must be so hard. All strength to you ladies.

im having the band fitted on the 14th aug ,im a smoker too and i havent given up yet ,going away in 2 days loads f food drinks and fags dreading it but got to give up so i know how hard it is ,good luck be thinking of you whiles i have my done xx

My GP referred me in November and i saw Mr Ahmed in december and he said once funding had been approved I would go straight on the waiting list but I had to go back to see the dietician in march and if I hadn't lost weight he was going to take me off the waiting list but luckily I had lost weight so I was kept on the waiting list. My first date for my op was the 8th July but I had to cancel it as I was taking my mum away for her 50th birthday so i got the 19th August.

thanks for all the lovely comments. I have something to look forward to so hopefully that will be an incentive to quit smoking (I'm hoping)
xx

Back