• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date (provisionally!)

Just got a call from Charing Cross to ask if I would like to have my op on Saturday week (Feb 27th):eek:

I have to have my pre-op on Monday and the only thing that will prevent the op from going ahead, is that I haven't had my last heart test yet, but as I'm having it next Wednesday, they don't think there should be too much of a problem.

I'm starting on my pre-op diet tomorrow morning (well, tonight really).

Only one question I have - we are booked to go up to Cumbria for a week from March 20th - do you think I'm going to be fit enough to travel?
trafficlight.gif

(accidently posted this in bride to be first!) xxx

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Congratulations! That is such fabulous news. I had a bypass and not a sleeve but I was feeling fine that far post surgery.

BUNNYRIOJA

[url=http://tickers.wlsur
Fab news Tiara's Glad you got your date, I too have my op on a Saturday they've added an extra day to their list, I'm in on the 20th. The diet is not too bad once you get to know what you can eat. Take care Bunny xx

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
congrats on your date! I was back to 'normal' 3 wks after my op so i'm sure your be fine xxx

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Congrats on getting a date, you must be really pleased. If everything goes well you should be fine to travel in March.

Cuppa xx

Congratulations on your date!!

I was just starting to go home from my parents through the day after 3 weeks from the operation. Travel was 'OK' but you might need a break occasionally for a stretch.
I'll have to make sure I get hubby to stop regularly for me. Once we're up there I should be fine, although our plan to do the Hadrian's Wall walk may be scuppered - hubby will have to do that with my son in law and my daughter and I can do something less stressful x

Meggie

Wow hun, thats fantastic! Did you cry?! I would've!!! ;-)

Glenville

Congratulations on getting your date! I'm really pleased for you. I'm sure you will be fine travelling. When you leave the hospital though make sure there are 1 or 2 pillows/cushions available for you to put between the belt and your tummy as potholes feel a lot deeper after the op.

Good luck with the pre-op diet, after the first 3 days or so it gets a lot easier.

xx

jaxx

Many Congratulations xxx

Wow hun, thats fantastic! Did you cry?! I would've!!! ;-)
I was shaking like crazy when I phoned my husband up to tell him. I didn't cry, which is surprising as I cry at any excuse.

Have to admit, had a drink last night (vodka, lime and soda) and thought to myself, this could be the last time I ever drink alcohol! (not that I'm a drinker - it's a once in a while thing). xx

Congratulations on getting your date! I'm really pleased for you. I'm sure you will be fine travelling. When you leave the hospital though make sure there are 1 or 2 pillows/cushions available for you to put between the belt and your tummy as potholes feel a lot deeper after the op.

Good luck with the pre-op diet, after the first 3 days or so it gets a lot easier.

xx

I'm firmly on the pre-op diet. It doesn't sound too bad really.

I'll definitely make sure there are some pillows in the car. May get my husband to bring my car instead of his low slung sports car too! Don't fancy being shaken around too much if I'm not feeling too fab. Hopefully Hammersmith bridge will be open, otherwise it will be a much longer trip to Barnes! xx

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:)That's great news-hope all goes well with your heart tests
I'm sure you'll manage a few steps on the "wall" bits of it are quite accessible!