• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Greetings from Kentucky

Cincy4EverThin

Hello everyone. I had lapband surgery on May 5 2010, up to date I have lost about 108 pounds. I still feel "fat" and all my friends and family say I look great and I don't need to lose anymore but I feel like I need another 30-40 pounds..
Any help on why I am feeling this way, please help

Hi Cindy and :welcome2:to the forum x

Well done on having the gastric surgery and getting so much weight off in nearly a year - wow! :D

I guess you probably set in your mind what your ideal weight would be, once you decided on surgery.
Your family have seen you lose all this weight and think - `great Cindy looks so much better and healthier now,` - but you had set yourself the original target, and you`re probably very focussed on getting to that weight.
You alone know what would be the best weight for you; and perhaps your folks fear you will go to the other extreme and be anorexic. You will have to try to put their minds at rest...if possible and tell them that once you reach goal, the hardest part will be trying to maintain that weight, without losing or gaining anymore. All you want is to be healthy and happy for the future!

I have heard a lot of people who have lost weight say that they still feel `fat` and can`t get their minds round the fact that they now look and feel different!
I have only lost half my goal weight so far....and found that it does take a bit of getting used to, but I know I am fitting into smaller clothes, but inside still can`t understand why my `head` finds it hard to accept the changes.
I don`t know what the answer is to this - perhaps therapy would help to find out why we started over-eating in the first place ....and why we have these issues.

Let us know how you get on and when you reach your goal, and don`t forget to post some before and after photos...as we love to see how well you`re doing x

Hope your having a lovely Easter in Kentucky, we have had beautiful weather here, for once and are making the most of it!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hi

Sorry I have no good advice as I've only just been referred for surgery but from reading different things online I think your feelings sound quite common.

Can I just ask though, with you feeling how you do are you sticking to a recommended eating plan or are you cutting back to try and lose the wxtra weight you feel you need to lose? If you are cutting back your body could be reacting.

Alternatively this could be your bodys way of saying you have reached the correct weight for you.

I've just realised I've given the reply I would have given when I read your message on the iPod about 2 hours ago but couldn't post - and Kat has given a much better answer just up ^^^

So, welcome and well done on your weight loss so far xx

Hello everyone. I had lapband surgery on May 5 2010, up to date I have lost about 108 pounds. I still feel "fat" and all my friends and family say I look great and I don't need to lose anymore but I feel like I need another 30-40 pounds..
Any help on why I am feeling this way, please help

Hello and welcome to the forum hun. I've got a couple of mates in KY what part are you from?

You have done fabulously well so far and you should be very proud of your achievements to date. I guess with WLS we lose the weight so quickly that it just takes our minds a while to catch up.

It will get better trust me x

10.gif

Back