• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE

kiwibird

I am currently due to finish my pre op diet this Wednesday (30/5/2012) and to date I hav only lost 8lb, I have not cheated once and have eaten NO carbs whatsoever or alcohol I have really stuck to this and I will meet my consultant on the 31/5, but I am so scared, because I feel if I have not lost enough weight then this means my liver has not shrunk.
The consultant does not know my starting weight as I am not due to meet with him until Thursday and my operation is due on the 2/6/2012. Can someone please advise me and reassure me that I will be ok and just because I have not shed loads of pounds my liver can still shrink??????

Hi

The liver diet isn't about loosing weight(that's just a bonus)its just for shrinking the liver to make the op safe.
I didn't think I'd lost any weight,I had lost over a stone but that was being on the liver diet for 4 weeks.
You will be fine as long as you've stuck to your rules and it sounds like you have x

Thanks Emma, I am so scared as I feel I should just drink slimfast for the last couple of days to see if this makes a difference

I think it is natural to worry but you know you've done everything in your power to shrink your liver then if for some reason it hasn't enough at least you know what you have done. I feel exactly the same, I've stuck to my pre op diet religiously so we should be fine. Don't worry about weight loss, that isn't an indication of on whether this diet has worked so try not to worry too much, just keep at it :) x

kiwibird said:
Thanks Emma, I am so scared as I feel I should just drink slimfast for the last couple of days to see if this makes a difference

Just carry on with the diet you have been given,
If you stuck to the diet you will be fine,we all worry it's natural and it keeps you on the straight and narrow x

If you've followed the diet and stuck to it then you will be fine! Good luck with your op and wishing u a speedy recovery :)

Thanks Shelley, where are you having your op done, I am going down to Kent

I'm going to Chichester. Not long to wait now for either of us now :) x

:welcome:

I only lost very little on mine, but op was fine. :)

Good morning all, Had all pre ops yesterday and talked through the procedure, just had my first lot of PICOLAX and this time tomorrow will be getting ready for going down to theatre, I am not scared yet but ask me in 24hrs, keep thinking the road ahead is long but the outcome is gonna be amazing

kiwibird you will be fine dont worry. Be prepared for a horrible few days after your op, I hated it so much and was in alot of pain for about 4 days. what op you having? mine was the band x

I didn't lose much on the pre op diet and my liver was fine I don't think the weight is a issue as long as you have followed the diet I'm sure you will be fine.

Back