• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Groin Pain after TT?

Rustyangel

Hi

I'm just over two weeks post TT and in the last couple of days I've been getting a terrible stabbing pain in my groin. It's much worse at night and not near the drain exit wounds....has anyone else experienced this? I'm quite worried about it cos although not constant it's REALLY painful.

Any advice appreciated.

Debs x

Hi Debs been awhile since I been on here, I hope that your groin pain as subsided. Hows your tummy generally as I guess it is a nice couple of months now almost since you had op is that right? I finally heard from my pct and they have agreed an apronectomy...but refused the other procedures saying I did not meet the criteria...not sure what that means other than they dont want to spend the money...did you have an apronectomy ? do they only deal with the overhang, i.e just remove the excess skin and fat from belly button down ? do they reposition your belly button as mine sits almost over my mons lol....I have appointment with the lovely Mr S on 21 November so no doubt he will explain more....Debs hope you are feeling much betterand it was just muscles knitting together...Jude xx

If it keeps on talk to the surgeon just to make sure. But it could be your nerves starting to get together or whatever they do.

Jo
xx

Hiya and thanks for your replies. Sorry I haven't posted for a while but it all went a bit quiet and I did wonder if anyone was even reading the posts so I kinda gave up!

Judy, I'm so thrilled for you that your funding was approved - congratulations hon!!!! You must be thrilled to bits. I bet you can't wait to see your surgeon and get the ball rolling even faster. Do you know how long you are likely to wait for surgery to happen after this appointment with your consultant? For me it should have been a couple of months but I had to turn down the first surgery date I was given. I couldn't fault St Georges and the standard of care I received was really very good so I hope you find it the same.

Recovery has gone well and it's eight weeks tomorrow. I've still got a couple of small seromas but they are nothing serious and are going down slowly. Swelling is much improved but still puffy at the end of each day and especially in my groin for some reason (which still hurts from time to time but apparently is fairly normal). The surgeon did some muscle repair which was extra to what we had discussed but she felt that it would give a better result. I've heard of surgeons doing lipo as an extra but not other body parts which is unfortunate cos I would have gone with a wish list! It may be a different scenario for you though as your legs are a medical problem whereas my other bits are purely cosmetic. They removed my overhang with an apronectomy and re-positioned my bellybutton. All in all I feel great now and really glad that I had it done. I'm not sure I will ever be a bikini person (I still have enough stretch marks to map out the London Underground) but I'm pleased with the result so far and so glad to be rid of the overhang.

Good luck for the 21st, Judy.

Debs xxx

Hi Debs that is great news about your recovery I hope you go from strength to strength...I know what you mean about bikini but how great not to be flapping around in your swimsuit and being able to wear clothes that fit!! where are your scars ? I was wondering if they might be able to remove my old gall bladder op scar on my upper tummy ....i suppose one can only ask!! Re my legs yes saw the lymphodema clinic this week at lost of problem with legs grrrr infections behind my knees diue to excess skin around my knees getting squished...lol not a pretty sight...they thought it ws daft pct agreeing to half the procedure that was asked for ...will discuss with Mr S if worth appealing, I am grateful to get tummy sorted but increasingly worried about legs for medical reasons ..been laid up with damaged ligament in right knee, so missing being able to do some exercise....grrr ok lol enough of my moaning yes really excited about 21 November ad great to hear good care at St Georges, not surprised as service so far is excellent. So Debs take care look forward to seeing your photo of a even sleeker you!!

Hi Judy

How did you get on today? I have been thinking about you and wondering how it went.

Thanks for your message - I really am improving in leaps and bounds now and have gone back to running which I really missed in the period of enforced inactivity after the op! I went out at the weekend and treated myself to some new clothes as I felt the swelling was finally starting to go away and it was sooooo lovely to put on something fitted and a bit slinky without being so conscious of the folds of skin underneath. I feel like I can finally be proud and show off my weight loss. My scar is across my bikini line and completely covered by knickers. I can't imagine they would be able to touch your other scar unless you are having a fleur de lys procedure (with the vertical cut too). So sorry you are still suffering so much with your legs but keep plugging away at them - if they are causing you so many medical problems surely they will have to do something about it?

I'll be brave soon and put some photos up :)

Debs xxx

Back