• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IN PAIN :(

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

It's 5 weeks today since my bypass. Been fine painwise since leaving the hospital and haven't taken any painkillers.

However, since Monday I've been in lots of pain. 2 types mainly...

Type 1: Constant sharp stabbing pains on middle/left abdomen which go from under ribs right down to lower abdomen. So painful that they take my breath away.

Type 2: Very painful dull achey pains on right side deep down at wound site area. Can't sleep on tummy anymore as the pain worsens and wakes me up.

Spoke to my team at the hospital. They said type 1 is common but are concerned about type 2 and have made me an appointment to see my surgeon next week. They said if it gets worse to phone them, then go to A&E and my surgeon will meet me there.

Trying not to worry about it at the moment and during the day it's the type 1 pain that bugs me more. Supposed to be going back to work on Tuesday and am concerned about that too (I work with physically challenging children).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had similar pains. I know lots of people have had the type 1 pains so any advice on how to ease them will be great too.

Thanks

Lisa
Sorry to hear you are having problems
You've done the right thing by contacting your team
hope you get sorted soon
Let us know
All the best
Bryan

Glad you've contacted your team re your pain. Pain 1 could possibly be trapped wind it definatly can take your breath away! If it is keep moving about to break it up, a hot water bottle can help too. I was badly constipated and used Movicol which certainly broke up the wind and helped relieve the symptoms! Be careful about work i too work with physically challenging teenagers and i took 8 weeks off just to be sure. If in any doubt keep in touch with your team and go and see your GP. I really hope you feel better soon and the pain eases xx

Thanks Allie,

The pain starts to go away a bit if I lie down strangely enough...moving just makes it worse :( Will definitely try the hot water bottle though - in fact, already boiling the kettle! Thanks. I'm going to try and take it easy at work for a while. For the first week I'm able to lock myself away and won't have any child contact so that will ease things a bit. Thank you x

can't help with the pain 'cos pre-op but wanted to send ((((hugs))))

and say "Wow" -looking good in your new avatar!

You've done the right thing by contacting your team Lisa. As much as I love this forum, when someone has unexplained pain its vital that the experts are consulted.

Please don't hesitate to contact them again if it gets worse before your appointment.

Hope you get it sorted Lisa, if in any doubt make sure you get yourself up to A&E x

Thanks all. The team at the Whittington have been great , moved things around quickly to get me an appointment and told me not to let it get any worse (if it does, they will meet me in A&E). It's nice to know they are supportive and don't think I'm just worrying un-necessarily.

Sorry to hear about your pain, really hope it eases soon, but if not, go and get yourself to A & E, take care, rest up xxxx

How are you feeling now Lisa?

Has anyone heard from Lisa this weekend? I'm just a little concerned she's not been online for a couple of days. She could of course just be busy as it's BH weekend, but it's a bit worrying after being in so much pain last week.

Hi all, Sorry to worry you...I'm still here! Like Twiggie thought just been busy with it being the Bank Holiday and also my last days of my sick leave. Back to work tomorrow! Still in pain but not so much the right side pain that the team were concerned about. Going to see my surgeon on Thursday afternoon for him to feel my tummy and possibly do xrays. Will let you know what he says.

Thanks everyone for your concern xx

Thanks for letting us know hun and glad you're feeling a bit better now. Hope all goes well on Thursday :hug99: xx

Back