• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gross eating habit ?

I do this mainly because one mouthful too much and I get a fit of sneezes so soon as I feel the sneeze coming on i spit out whatever is in my mouth before a. everyone around me ends up wearing it or b. I choke while trying to swallow and sneeze at the same time!

If you spit it out in front of him then he has every right to be grossed out :yuk: that would turn anyones stomach but if you go to the bathroom or somewhere else away from him (in another room) then I dont see a problem with it BUT surely if you are eating slow enough do you not know that your last mouthful should have been your last that you are full? :confused:

I wouldnt care who was round or where i was if i needed to get it out of my mouth then i would, you can do it discretely but then again i dont do anything discretely so ive been told!!!!!!!

If you spit it out in front of him then he has every right to be grossed out :yuk: that would turn anyones stomach but if you go to the bathroom or somewhere else away from him (in another room) then I dont see a problem with it BUT surely if you are eating slow enough do you not know that your last mouthful should have been your last that you are full? :confused:

You would think that it would work like that but in my case my pouch can very suddenly decide that its full, I can literally go from feeling hungry to overful within seconds, so NO, it makes no difference how slowly you eat, sometimes pouchy just doesnt play fair.
And as for the spitting it out in front of the other half, obviously noone just hocks it out without thought, I personally keep tissue nearby to subtly spit it into, just looks like Im wiping my mouth, so if hubby was insulted by that then he would be an idiot.
Steph xx

So funny how they get grossed out at that but think it's perfectly okay to scratch their arse and sniff their fingers to see if they want washing after...

Not that my hubby does that, but i've seen some yuk yuk yuk..........

i don't get a lot of advance warning that i'm full, it seems to be a very sudden switch. i must also admit that i'm not a slow eater either though. i've never had a problem with food consistency and therefore don't need to chew my food any more thoroughly than pre op. (mores the pity as i wish i had a physical trigger to slow me down. i keep saying that the op has fixed my body but not my brain and i'm trying hard to change my habits !!)
With regards to spitting food out in front of my hubby - i had never done it before and therefore wasn't prepared with a napkin at the ready, it was very much a spur of the moment decision. next time i will be better prepared and try to be more discreet.
Although god only knows why as the filthy beggar has just sat next to me and passed the foulest wind......

I've had to spit out food before now because of eating too fast. I'd swallow one mouthful and fork in another just as the last one was hitting my pouch and causing me a lot of pain. To save myself from more pain or from possibly barfing, I'd spit it out. I'd rather do that than yark it all back up again!

Just keep a napkin with you each time you eat to make sure you can be descreate. Do try and slow down with your eating as I always over do it when I eat fast. Its hardest when I am really enjoying what I am eating.

Back