• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Group support meeting bristol

lisa1983

Today I went for a group support meeting in Bristol queen square.
I got to say they were all lovely ladie and a real pleasure to meet, listen to there story's and that even some of there thought and where they have gone wrong.
We are all at the kinda same stage which helped.

I was also given so new advice on my band as there been new research into the band and I found this really helpful.
So I would say if anyone one was worried about going to Thierry meeting don't !!
I found it a great help :)

And met lovely people.
Also most of all meet some new friends

It was also good to hear how much everyone had list and belive it or not a lot of the group lost there weight before the band and is now losing steady.
This I found made me relise it not a race just ur inown journey and if I lost 1stone 9lb and the person lost 2stone it not a big deal as long as am losing I now don't feel like I got to catch up or otherwise

Glad you enjoyed it ... Can you share any of the research/advice :)

Yeah the dietitian said it all been done in Austria and all there stuff is being updated.
One of the things she did say And i think it's amazing is u can eat and drink at the same time now:)
as we were all told not to befor but now it makes no difference she said she also said that from 4 week post op in try to include bread meat into ur diet .
as this make the nerve ending around ur band work to make u feel fuller.
She also said u can drink frizzy drink in moderation but for better weightless to advoid unless somthink get stuck!! She said to stick to golden rules of 20 20 20 and to try to eat harder things ie cracker toast to make the nerve ending work.
I was also told not to have veg soft have it slightly under done as this works best with band and makes u fuller as u eat less.
That the one off the top of me head.
But was sent home with info pack on thing to do now.
I will re look see if I missed any think out and let u no
But I found it v helpfully completely different from info book I got given after op.

glad it was good .. i might see you at one if get an a letter in the post for next months xx

if i dont i may just phone and ask if i can come anyways.... do you go once a month or is every 3 months??

would love to meet new people in my situation xx

Thanks lisa

Carre said:
glad it was good .. i might see you at one if get an a letter in the post for next months xx

if i dont i may just phone and ask if i can come anyways.... do you go once a month or is every 3 months??

would love to meet new people in my situation xx

Am not sure I think it was just the once, as we had to put are email addresses down and she will forward us them all so we can keep in contact.

It would be nice to catch up I might suggest meeting up if they don't invite us back :-( but it was nice finger x u will have a letter everyone there was either 3half wk or 4 wk and one lady was 6 weeks

How u?
Lisa x

Cheers I will await a letter..

I'm good thanks bak to work today, although having a two year old I think it's easier to go to work then stay home lol xx

Coming up to my 2nd week on Friday I've lost. 1st5lbs so far whitch I'm really happy with I just have no appetite xx

Carre said:
Cheers I will await a letter..

I'm good thanks bak to work today, although having a two year old I think it's easier to go to work then stay home lol xx

Coming up to my 2nd week on Friday I've lost. 1st5lbs so far whitch I'm really happy with I just have no appetite xx

Oh bless there at a gd age 2 trolls glad ur first day back to work went well

Many congratulation on ur weight loss
Lisa x

lisa1983 said:
Oh bless there at a gd age 2 trolls glad ur first day back to work went well

Lisa x

Bloody spell checker sorry oh bless there st a gd age 2ye old glad ur first day back to work went well

Lisa x

Back