• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

guess what ???

kphorrox

dont get excited as its not good news i have had my third rejection from the pct lol theres a suprise was i expecting any thing else.
they will have another letter in the post from me tomorrow.
they will get fed up soon wont they.
all they keep saying is do weight management which i am on but can anyone enlighten me on how seeing someone every 2-3 months is weight management and how it will help my situation.
well theres my news this week keep up your great weight loses and stories
kerryxx:D

You have a great attitude. Just keep plodding along with the WMC and keep writing to them.

Keep fighting kerry, it's worth it in the end;)

Oh hun, I am sorry they are giving you such grief but you are doing it all right and it will pay off in the end. Have you been to a weight management appointment yet, sorry if you have already said and I missed it. Let me know who you are seeing, I am curious if it is the same lady I saw.

I am sending your good vibes that you sail through this stage and onto the next very soon.

Hugs,
Nic:D

Sorry that you've had another knock-back, but as the others have said, keep fighting. It's really unfair. x

Ive been in weight management for just about 12 months now,they have to get a full picture on your whole life/weight loss/health etc.It will come if you meet the right criteria.

Keep on fighting. So sorry you're not having an easy time. The weight management appointments at 2-3 months apart doesn't sound like any kind of support for you! Worth mentioning in your appeal, I should think.

Lots of luck and hugs

Lx

WoW your attitude is awesome. I would have been pulling my hair out and on the phone constantly.

fingers crossed for you im sure it will get there for you and will definately be worth every step . Id say chin up but you have an awesome attitude so keep it there :D

believe me i am pulling my hair out but on the other side i just find the whole process a fast i have been knocked back so many times i can cry all day or keep fighting my kids keep me happy through the day so by night i fight.the weight management proffesional was called jane sepison i think.
another two letters sent today so lets see

Sorry to hear ur news, as the others said Keep Fighting x

Hi Kerry

Why dont you see if you can physically make an appointment with the PCT to actually meet with someone and maybe see if you can take your GP along? Would take a bit of organising but might be a new approach.

Its such a long jouney isnt it. :sigh:

I had my first appointment at weight loss management on Friday. I thought it was to discuss surgery as this is what I had requested, but no I have to be on this programme for 1 year first.

I was a little disappointed but surgery is still an option and has not been ruled out. I also get the impression that funding is not an issue if you have completed this programme and your WLM Doctor has recommended you for it.
Has your WLM Doctor recommended you yet?

So sorry to hear your news. It can be a long long process and i understand your reservations about how a WLM program can work if you only go to see them a couple of times in the year, but unfortunately it is one of those things that need ticking off for the PCT to say yes in some circumstances! Some PCTs say 6 months WLM and some say a year. Keep your chin up it will work out in the end!!

weight loss surgery has not been ruled out for me and i will happily do what they ask the argument i have is that i dont understand how this helps me.
seeing someone once every 2-3 months just doesnt register good help and support if other ways where i see someone every week didnt help how will this??

I totally agree I'm only just starting this process, having tried slimming world etc.. with weekly meetings. So 3 months between meetings seems no use at all.

Stay strong and keep fighting, it will be worth it.

My second appointment should also be in September but not yet had a date through. 1 year seems such a long time at the moment but Ive been fat all my adult life so I'm trying to tell myself another year is not the end of the world, its hard though:cry:

Please keep us posted on what the PCT say to your letters. Good luck xx

Back