• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GUTTED

Loooy72

Well i am 1 week post op banded today, got on the scales all excited this morning and was shocked to find i have only lost 3lbs!!!
I lost 7lbs a week on the pre-op diet and now i am on liquids only which i have stuck to rigidly, i can only lose 3!!
I am devastated, to go through all this and only lose 3lb the first week!!
I will be honest and say i expected much more my first week and then it would slow down!
I know this time it's forever and better slow and steady etc, but i am finding it hard today :(:cry:

aww dont worry. ur body will catch up with u.

hang in there

Don't forget ur healing inside, after a wk some ppl put on so I didn't weigh myself leave weighing for a few wks and I'm sure it will go down alot more....carry on doin wat ur doin try not to get disheartend xx

Bit early to be getting tough on yourself!
Get the healing and recovery liquids and slushy stage done and wait til you are back on solid food before you start worrying about weight loss.
Your body is in shock and starvation right at the moment so focus on feeling better first or you will make yourself miserable.

Please take into account your only one week out of surgery and your still healing, also this isn't a race of how quickly you can lose your excess weight it takes sometime too lose and doesn't just drop off you after one week Hun, and please also remember the band weight loss is slower and longer process then say the bypass/sleeve and don't compare your weight losses with other people because that will drive you up the wall, embrace your own journey. One step at a time get yourself on the mend and bl**dy well done on losing 3lbs also , Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Well i am 1 week post op banded today, got on the scales all excited this morning and was shocked to find i have only lost 3lbs!!!
I lost 7lbs a week on the pre-op diet and now i am on liquids only which i have stuck to rigidly, i can only lose 3!!
I am devastated, to go through all this and only lose 3lb the first week!!
I will be honest and say i expected much more my first week and then it would slow down!
I know this time it's forever and better slow and steady etc, but i am finding it hard today :(:cry:
I lost 1lb on my first week, so don't worry. I was gutted too, but I think now that my body was in starvation mode and held on to whatever it could.
my weightloss has been smaller than some banders but bigger than others. I lose about 2lb a week. Over the weeks it really adds up.
I was banded on the 24th feb 2011 and have lost 2stone and 6lbs. Not bad for a slowy joey!
You might lose 4lbs next week or more! x

So you've had major surgery, your body is probably in starvation mode and your not happy with a 3lb loss?

I don't understand it at all..........

Loooy I could have written your post. Just 3lb when I am struggling to eat 1,000 cals a day :( Particularly gutting as I have also given up alcohol, and I used to drink a fair few calories every week. But as others have said, I am sure that it is our healing also 3lbs is actually a lot, but I have seen others who have lost 8 or 9 lbs in the first week and I thought I would be one of them as I have stuck to everything to the letter. Never mind, as I said to my hubby the other day, I have done this now, I have spent a fortune and it is up to me to stick with it and not be despondent because I haven't shrunk to a size 10 overnight. :)

Loooy I could have written your post. Just 3lb when I am struggling to eat 1,000 cals a day :( Particularly gutting as I have also given up alcohol, and I used to drink a fair few calories every week. But as others have said, I am sure that it is our healing also 3lbs is actually a lot, but I have seen others who have lost 8 or 9 lbs in the first week and I thought I would be one of them as I have stuck to everything to the letter. Never mind, as I said to my hubby the other day, I have done this now, I have spent a fortune and it is up to me to stick with it and not be despondent because I haven't shrunk to a size 10 overnight. :)

Hi Katie,
Glad i am not the only one!! Couldn't believe it when others are getting much bigger numbers!! Plus today i have my appetite back with a vengance!! What's going on?

Oh well fingers crossed for next week, hopefully we will both see a biggy then!

Claire

As BlueDiamond said the band is a very slow process and it is important to get your head around that right from the off or you will be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Enjoy taking the long scenic route to weight loss.

tranquil x

Back