• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gym

Paula1975

hellloooo

do you think that going to the gym before surgery would help with excess skin as the weight drops off?

i had my forum meeting on tuesday, and the wait for assessments anything up to a year. then the wait for surgery. i thought about it and have found a reasonably priced gym close to me, and have contacted them saying i am a gym first timer and waiting for weight loss surgery and said they would be happy to help.

any good??

:talk017:

Gym is going to help your losses , tone you up and certainly help hold everything in better. Excess skin problems have so many various causes , anything from starting size, speed of loss, age and even your genes and any combination of those factors!
Everyone has different results depending on the above as well as personal skin elasticity etc.

There may be a degree of it you can't prevent but gym will help burn the fat off and shape you up. Better to exercise and tone up as much as you can anyway I think, worry about the skin issue as and when you come to it.

I would say definately ! any cardiovascular excercise will boost circulation and so it will feed every part of you....not to mention the benefits to mind body AND soul. i strongly recommend that you wear a good sports bra and replace it regularly,also keep moisturised, I am pre op and my doc has just recommended using an emolient shower gel and moisturising after a shower, which i do religiously, also if you suffer from dry skin, effervesant vitamin c + zinc helps emormously and will moisturise from within...be gentle with your body, no jumping up and down at first as it wil exsasserbate/or cause stretch marks......... i do ramble , so sorry and i hope i havent been patronizing :-( good luck at the gym xxx

Back