• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op yesterday for sleeve

Padmdhs

Hi all I've been a member on here for a while but not posted much but I had my heart set on the bypass but was told I would be having a sleeve now I'm used to the idea I'm glad of the choice as if I don't get on as well I can always have revision surgery but I'm sure I will get on fine with my sleeve I had my pre op yesterday all went well with the ECG bloods are fine just had to have more to confirm blood type and also was mrsa tested which I'm sure will be ok all part of the routine just looking forward to joining most of you on the losers bench I have already lost nearly 4 stone pre op so I'm gunning for the op to get my life back :D

Hi Padmdhs

Glad to hear it went well.

Good luck!

Hi there, I'm a sleever with not one singe regret. Op was the 14th Jan and started my pre op diet on 5th Jan and I'm 6 1/2 stone down.

Any questions I'd be happy to help and good luck with your journey.

Hi there, I'm a sleever with not one singe regret. Op was the 14th Jan and started my pre op diet on 5th Jan and I'm 6 1/2 stone down. Any questions I'd be happy to help and good luck with your journey.
WOW and thank you that is amazing weight loss I would be amazed if I lost that much in that time span I can't wait for the op now just waiting for the phone call now :)

Congrats on your losses so far Padmdhs & fingers crossed your op date is soon!

I am due to have my sleeve next week (after being cancelled last month) so hope to catch you on the losers bench shortly :)

Congrats on your losses so far Padmdhs & fingers crossed your op date is soon! I am due to have my sleeve next week (after being cancelled last month) so hope to catch you on the losers bench shortly :)
Thank you GeMzY and good luck with your op

hi welcome and good luck hope you get a date real soon

Well done with the weight loss mate!

Why the change from bypass to sleeve? My surgeon offered both, but said that if for whatever physiological reason he couldn't do the bypass, he'd do the sleeve instead. I ended up with the bypass.

Well done with the weight loss mate! Why the change from bypass to sleeve? My surgeon offered both, but said that if for whatever physiological reason he couldn't do the bypass, he'd do the sleeve instead. I ended up with the bypass.
Thanks mate I'm not to sure tbh he said sleeve now and if need be bypass later where I'm having it done they mainly do sleeves so that maybe why

Thanks mate I'm not to sure tbh he said sleeve now and if need be bypass later where I'm having it done they mainly do sleeves so that maybe why

Fair enough....I hear most sleeve patients don't need the bypass anyway, and it's definitely less radical and thus slightly safer surgery too.

Wishing you all the very best brother.

Fair enough....I hear most sleeve patients don't need the bypass anyway, and it's definitely less radical and thus slightly safer surgery too. Wishing you all the very best brother.
Thank you I must admit I was disappointed at first but seeing some of other peoples results on here I am happy enough with it all the best too you as well :)

i was going to sleeve if they couldnt bypass but they ended up bypassing think again different places different rules

Hi, I'm having my pre-op next Thursday and then my sleeveon 23rd August. Just out of interest, did they tell you what blood type you are?

No they dont but I knew mine already ask your gp/surgeon they may tell you

Hi, I'm having my pre-op next Thursday and then my sleeveon 23rd August. Just out of interest, did they tell you what blood type you are?
No but they did a blood test to find that out just in case they need to do a transfusion which is highly unlikely but I suppose there is no harm in asking

Back