• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm done ...

Fizzy donna

Hi all had my bypass yesterday first down so 8.30 am . Op went well I'm told however in the eve I started having some problems . I have sicked up some blood which doc said was normal ! And then my arm started having allergic reaction to the drugs running thro canular so was very scared for a time . Lying in bed typing this and think go home tomo . I'm not sure if have done right thing at present but expect that normal too :confused: hope haven't put too many off :p will update when I have some more news x x x

Welcome to the losers' bench!

It's understandable to be feeling emotional and unsettled after major surgery - as well as all of the physical issues that you can encounter immediately post op.

Hope you got some sleep over night (I remember that my time in hospital was totally exhausting!)

Take care.

congratulations. good luck on your journey; dont wqrry about putting any of us off. its good to hear what can happen as prepares us more!
hope you are feeling well today
xx

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a troublesome free weight loss journey from then in. Xx

Ahhh well done, I know when u woke up the first thing I asked was, did they do it??
Am I fixed??
But def the second thought (especially when the morphine wore of a little) was what the he'll have I done?
I did have open surgery, as a-posed to keyhole tho :-(
My only words of comfort will be, it won't feel like it now but in a couple of day/weeks you will be looking down at your body and seeing the changes happening and wondering why the hell you didn't do this years ago???
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Congratulations and wishing you a speedy recovery. You will feel better in your own home so you can look forward to that.

Awww poor thing. I bet you felt yucky. Dont worry, it will get better. There are loads of horrible little things that will bother you in the next six weeks, things that will make you sigh and think omg why did I do this, but there will be loads more WONDERFUL things that will make you think..... WOW look at me, thank god I made the decision to go ahead.
You are on the right path, just plod on past the potholes.
Lynne x

hi,

the day after my surgery i was an emotional wreck i cried for most of the day not sure why maybe the relief of finally having the op or the 'what had i done to my self feeling' but its all natural to not feel yourself. im six weeks out now and apart from one little mishap im feeling great im just happy to watch the weight falling off.

well done on your op and i hope your feeling better soon.

Feel better soon xx I'm sure as each day goes by you will be x

Wishing you a speedy recovery, its nice to hear when people have been done and what they are going through, as Becky has already said it gives us pre oppers an insight in to what to expect. Get Well Soon hon xxx

Hi sweets,

Well done xx i'm sure you are a bit "in two minds" but your ok and thats the main thing x glad your safe and well xx take care and keep us posted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congratulations and the future is there for the taking go for it it is bright and LIGHT

The start of the new YOU.xx

Hi there, Not scaring me a bit yet but highlighting things I had better get my head round as what to possibly expect when my turn comes. I am sure no matter how much we all want this op and need it, that is a natural feeling to have. We have the focus on the op and finally having a chance to be slim and forget the immediate post op blues we would have with any op let alone this one. I must admit to similar feelings whan I had a total hysterectomy at 37yrs old due to severe and uncontrolled PMT, suddenly gone was the chance to have a little girl (having already been blessed with my 3 boys after infertility problems) even though we were sure we had finished with babies really, no longer having that option was a sudden realisation no matter how much it had been discussed before that op to.
We will all have a lot to get our heads and emotions around once the focus on the fight for the op is no longer there, it's done and we have to refocus on the next stage.
Best wishes to you and heres hoping you have no more nasty shocks with reactons to things. Take care rest, recuperate and recover well so you can get on with learning to live with your pouch.

Back