• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my dietitian session, but now confused!

cjskts

Hi all.
I have the group session thing on Tuesday. More i found very informative and interesting, but now i'm confused about sugar.

She explaned about 'dumping' and why it happens etc, but she said about having foods with less than 5% sugar. But i've been reading list on the back of things in my cupboards and a lot of it i wont be able to have,

Like condensed soup that i make Chilli Con Carne with is about 5% sugar. Tinned mixed veg that i put in Spag Bol is over the 5%. Baked beans are too high, just to name a few.

Is this right? What other foods that i won't have thought of will i have to avoid?

I think the 5% is per 100g if that helps. thats the way I took it, but to be honest I havent took much notice (naughty me) just trying the foods n seeing how well they go down n so far I've not experienced any dumping but i am living on mostly chicken so only have small amounts of other things. I can get 4/5 meals from a tin of beans with say 2 or 3 fish fingers n am stuffed. its trial and error hope this helps if not hope someone else can xx

5% refined sugar, fruit sugars are not usually so bad, and as for baked beans, usually wls's have low salt/low sugar varieties. We all have stuff in the cupboards that are bad for us, that's prob why we need wls? lol x

Back