• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dietitian appointment - Nuffield

hopefulmum

Hi all, I am just home from my dietitian app and thought I was taking everything in being reassured that everything was in a wee book to take away with me.

Now that I have come home and looked it over the details of the pre-op diet are not in there and I am kinda confused. There are details of first 4 weeks but nothing saying before surgery this is what you should have...

I know that she advised 10 days instead of 7 at least and also said a lot about shakes but I feel like I have had information overload!

The app was at Glasgow Nuffield, one this she did say was I can call leave a message and she will get back to me so I guess that is something but just hoping someone can help me out. My surgery is not for 6 weeks yet anyway but feel like my head is doing cartwheels right now lol

I did my pre op diet for 2 weeks before my sleeve surgery. It was a liver shrinkage diet to ensure my surgery could be done.
I was given several choices from a milk diet, a Slimfast shake diet or a high protein, low carb/fat food diet. I chose food diet. All teams seem to have different diets, times on the diet etc so you should contact your team ASAP to find out what your options are.
Good luck.

thanks for this, yeah I am going to call tomorrow. She spent ages with me going through everything but I stupidly assumed it would be in the book she gave me away and I should have taken more notes :(

She did say 7 days but 10 is better if I can manage it. I just need to get the details I guess

If you need a food diet sheet I have one.just let me know. Mine shrunk my liver & my op was fine. I had a gateic sleeve. Lost 5 1/2 stones, size20 from size 30 in just over 5 months.

Wow! Thats amazing well done, you are an inspiration as are many people on here, I only hope I can do such a good job...

I am going to call the hospital tomorrow as I have a feeling they might send me one out, if not I would love to get a copy of that. Maybe I just wasnt listening as much as I should have been. Its so much information!

Thanks!

Back