• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my endoscopy

stefanie

Well I had my endoscopy today with the balloon to try and stretch the pouch, it was so painful and horrible. They said they had given me sedation but I did not feel any different. My consultant said that my pouch was very tight, the hole was only 1 cm and that is why nothing could get through and I was sick all the time.

He could only inflate the balloon to 12 mm and wanted to go to 15 mm so.... I have to go through it all again in two weeks. This time however, I said he has to knock me out.

I hope though this inflation has worked. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Stefanie that sounds horrendous and you are right to ask to be knocked out if you have to go through it again...hopefully this one has worked out for you and you won't have too:fingerscrossed:

Hope you are feeling okay?

You poor love, it must have been terrible for you.

I hope it has made things more comfortable for you once you are over the soreness.

Xx

aw Stefanie,i feel so sorry for you after all the stress waiting for the op, ,then this,keep your chin up love x,ive had a few endoscopys,and had biopsies that way ,really do understand where you are coming from,i cant have spray,and had them without sedatives , im so pleased next time they are putting you out, but hopefully its been stretched enough,and you can start getting on with your new life,thinking of you x

HUGS! I had my endoscopy yesterday and that was sore too, I can only imagine how much discomfort you were in. Good luck for the next one and i think your right to be sedated. x

Thanks everyone, haven't tried eating yet not sure what to have!!! Think I might go for pureed maybe something that made me sick before.

I am worried about having it done again, o keep on thinking about that lady who died having hers stretched twice. I guess I keep banging on about it as I am looking for some reassurance so thank you for replying.

Back