• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my first fill

mollythedogsmum

Ive been banded

Hi all. I'm just sitting up in bed after having my band fitted at 9.an this morning x my liver was great - I worried about nothing. Just having a peppermint tea but forgot bloody wind Eeeze

Hi....how are you feeling? I am just waiting to go down to theatre for my lap-band.....I think I have another 45 minutes to wait :( boooo xx

Glad to hear you're back and recovering, take it easy, rest up and speedy recovery wishes!

Good luck Sap!

Hello there

Well done on being banded - wishing you a very speedy recovery - all the best BD x

yay well done xxxxx

Hi all x had my first fill yesterday 5ml - felt great last night until I ate chicken a bit too fast today - ooo my god. That taught me the hard way lol

And that is restriction hit head on! Hope you are feeling better :)

flutterby1966 said:
And that is restriction hit head on! Hope you are feeling better :)

Yeah x it was like I'd been winded or really bad indigestion or heartburn. X lasted for about 3 mins but gosh it was painful but I think I could do with a little more to stop me thinking about grazing

Having fills don't necessarily stop us from thinking about or wanting to graze - so much of that is head hunger which the band won't help with.

Don't rush the fills - restriction can vary so much during a month that its worth giving it a while to see how it changes, but also, so much of it is working on the thoughts that we have, breaking the old habits, grazing and the head hunger is one of those, something that the band doesn't really stop, something only we can really . .

Also, if you've just had a fill . . .aren't you back on liquids only? Most providers have you on liquids only for a while post fill before moving to mash and then normal foods . . .(mine is 3 days liquid, 3 days mash) but also, it can take a while for when you get back to normal foods for yout o actually feel and experience the differences with the fill that you've had . . ..

Mmmmmm well said topkat. I was one day liquid, one day mushy then after that onto normal food again, so chicken the day after a fill seems quite quick to test things. It's worth considering whether another fill at this stage would stop the urge to snack. Too tight, can mean too small main meals, leading to more snacking often on the wrong types of foods :sigh:

top_kat said:
Having fills don't necessarily stop us from thinking about or wanting to graze - so much of that is head hunger which the band won't help with.

Don't rush the fills - restriction can vary so much during a month that its worth giving it a while to see how it changes, but also, so much of it is working on the thoughts that we have, breaking the old habits, grazing and the head hunger is one of those, something that the band doesn't really stop, something only we can really . .

Also, if you've just had a fill . . .aren't you back on liquids only? Most providers have you on liquids only for a while post fill before moving to mash and then normal foods . . .(mine is 3 days liquid, 3 days mash) but also, it can take a while for when you get back to normal foods for yout o actually feel and experience the differences with the fill that you've had . . ..

Hi ya x no I'm eating normal foods but I'm going back to weight watchers or something. Need to get in the zone again

Back