• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my op on Wednesday

Nanny Og

Well the deed is done and I'm now a post opper.

How long does it take for the wind pain to settle?

Dissolvable paracetamol makes me really sick am I ok to take beechams powders as they have aspirin in them.

Does everyone feel really sick post op and if so for how long?

I know I have to look at the whole picture but right now I feel really lousy and am wondering what I've done

Try and move around to help with the wind pain. The nausea does pass, it's just your body reacting to what it has been put through.

Sip your drinks and eat what you have been advised and you will start to feel better in no time.

I don't think you should be taking asprin as it irritates the stomach....have you tried taking small sips of calpol? it's disgusting i know but may be easier than the disolvable paracetamol.

woohoo!! so pleased for you mate, hope all the pain goes quickly for you :) xxx

Hi dear. I had my of on 23rd friday. so far i am feeling really really good. stopped taking disolvable paracetamol 3 days ago as it made me feel more sick and also i'm not in much pain. only a bit around the wounds. my wonds are also getting better and had 2 dressings done after coming from hospital. the nurse said i don't need any more dressings. Just after the surgery i felt like an elephant sitting on my chest. it was so heavy for the wind. i tried to burp and it worked a lot. peppermint tea helps a lot and also my hospital prescribed me peppermint water to take as required. I didn't feel sick at all. Everyday i felt better. just keep on sipping on water a lot. if you don't like water sip on milk. cold milk also helps with the wind. I found out that after surgery i need to change my taste frequently as the same thing doesn't taste good for long. so i try to take water,milk,actimel yoghurt drink, friut smoothie (seived) etc and sometimes soup. i am also tried eating few things like laughing cow cheese, potato and cashew nuts lol i know i am not supposed to at this atge but it all stayed down well. i have lost 8lbs so far. i hope you will feel better everyday. good luck XX Farzu

Your body has been through a massive ordeal and it was only a matter of a couple of days ago, it will get better. You've had a massive shock to the system.

I didn't get wind pain after the op, although I expected to. Try some peppermit tea or Rennie/wind-eaze kind of products that dissolve on your tongue, they have all worked for me in the past. People have previously posted that moving about helps ease any trapped wind. Good luck sorting it quickly x your first bottom burp is always a bit scary with internal stitches!! you will be fine though.

Didn't the hospital give you any anti-nausea medication? If you didn't get any perhaps you could contact them and ask for some if it is a real issue - feeling sick is horrible and it can be eased.

I was being quite sick for a couple of days post op, the morphine in the hospital was the culprit for me. I did feel horrible for the first couple of days and regretted the decision - but that was because I was feeling sorry for myself and had a drain connected which kept leaking, cannula in the wrong place which blew my arm up like a football and nobody noticed despite 30 minute obs ........ oh, what a drama!

Nanny, it gets better and better - I promise! when the stuff they pumped through you during the op gets out of your system and you get a bit stronger (from all the rest and nurture you should be treating yourself to) you will look back and say 'this was the best decision I ever made'

Welcome to the other side - I look forward to all your updates x

Last edited:
It des calm down hun, don't use asprin as it causes bleeding !!! Try junior calpol it tastes better xxxx
Glad you are both done and dusted, keep sipping and walking. x

i wondered were you had gone then realised youd had your op. firstly congratulations your bum is well and truely on the loosers bench, i agree with the above texts things do get better just take it as easy as possible. sending you some healing energy. take care and i look forward to reading how you get on. xxxx

Pleased its over for you and that you are slowly recovering I only had painkillers for the first day after op but does take a litle while to get meds from op out of your system, morphine and anaesthetic can both make u queasy. My doc said to keep walking around and deep breaths and hold it then release it and that seemed to help. I have also found that even now from time to time when i feel a little queasy water helps lots water no food and it settles, or i can have a ginger snap if i'm bit light headed as well. You'll soon get the hang of it i am sure we have all thought that at different stages,(what have i done) it will be right you'll see xx

chrisa said:
Well done Farzu 8lbs already, thats a great start bet youre really chuffed with that xx

I am very happy with is loss chrisa. All my clothes are loose and will go on ebay for sale soon.

Well the deed is done and I'm now a post opper.

How long does it take for the wind pain to settle?

Dissolvable paracetamol makes me really sick am I ok to take beechams powders as they have aspirin in them.

Does everyone feel really sick post op and if so for how long?

I know I have to look at the whole picture but right now I feel really lousy and am wondering what I've done

The chewable windeeze is a wonder for the wind - try to get some its great, i did feel sick for a while doc gave me anti sickness pills only need a couple and they worked wonders too. i didnt have much pain after op but i know that soluble solphadine is really good

congrats on your op, i am still wondering what i have done 4 months post op but the loss of weight is soooooooooooooooooo worth it i feel like a new woman and in need of a new man hahaha

xxx

Back