• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my sleeve op 6 days ago

Hope71

finaly had my op last friday. Here are a few things i would like to share operation went smoothly prof Ammori and his whole team are angels, I cannot recommend them enough. Rough couple of hours after surgey with trapped air, I thought I was dying when in recovery. But all that is behind me! I am doing so well, I am of pain meds from day 4. I walk a little every day. Yesterday day 7 went to the mall walked around for an 1 hr then had a break. I don't compare my self to anyone, just push myself within my comfort level.

Food. Day 1 & 2 was on clear liquids, and bit of yoghurt for break fast 2-3 tsp. Slowly building up now i drink fruit smoothy, protein shake, ribena, tea, yoghurt and all kinds of waitrose or m&s soups just pureed and add extra milk or stock to make it very watery. Sorry for tmi. No bowl movement day 5 started feeling discomfort so introduced porridge for breakfast but with lots of milk and purreed to remove lumps also added some prune juice to my diet, had results next day. I make sure i have 2 different drinks are next to me at any given time. I am sure i need to work on getting up to 2 littres of fluids not there yet. Seem to wee a lot so i dont think i am dehydrated. First couple of days chest would hurt after 1 or 2 sips now i am getting better at pacing myself. I do miss chewing terribly. Also when i see food do have pangs will i ever enjoy that again... Lol
But i then look in the mirror and i can see myself a bit smaller scales r telling me i have lost more than a stone on day 5??? Have not used this scale before so dont want to beleive it.
Mentaly i am now in a very good place. Day 3 i had a moment of oh my god what have i done but it was very short lived, i only had to think of thin me a few times to get over it.
When i see very fat people on the street i have the urge to tell them there is something u can do about it if u want, there is hope. Then i tell my self stop being soo patronising u would punch them if someone said that to u. This is a personal journey and it is definetly not easy but you have to come to it on your own.
I cant wait to see the pounds start dropping of. Good luck to all of u waiting for yr surgery.
Xxxc

So glad your over the worst! Wish I was where you are. my op on 19th. Hope everything continues to improve for you!! Good luck. XX

Hi Hope, I had my sleeve the same day as you!! Glad you are feeling well. I am a revision from band and I still have quite a bit of pain where my port was, but other than that am doing good. Perhaps we can buddy up as we will share a surgiversary!!

Hi hope what I wanted to ask is it Ok to have puréed things on weeks one? im due to have my op on tuesday I thought the first week was liquids only?
Im glad your doing so well, I hope I do the same.

Audrasharon thank you and wish u all the best for your upcoming op, it will be here before u know it!
Smallerme. Thank you!
Mazrob great so happy you had your op too would love to buddy up and share our highs and lows how do we do that. Still very new on this forum.
Rupert hi i am by far not the expert and i am not realy having puree. What i do is get a regular soup puree or liquidize add lots of milk,stock or water. Same with smoothies. The test my nutricianist told me as long as u can drink a straw with it is liquid enough. Yohgurt is the exception and they gave that to me at the hospital 1st day post op. But please follow whatever your medical team advise you.
Thanks lessoflisa keeping my fingers crossed and my attitude positive.

Ok Hope Im learning so much on this site from other people who are just post op, which is great as im off out to get everything for the first week today !

Hi hope71, I am really pleased to hear things are going well for you post op. I am having a sleeve on 25th of November, so was lovely to hear from a post opper!!! Hope all things continue to go well for you. Xxx

Back