• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss at 12 weeks post op!!

Butterfly38

Hi all, I'm losing quite a lot of hair last couple of weeks I'm 12 weeks post op and haven't had a loss for a few weeks now... Feeling really low about it all right now :0(

Hi I had terrible hair loss I was really upset but after having it all cut short from quite long and a few months later it is back to usual glossy hair x you will change shape even if you don't lose much weight at the moment :) we all have little stalls then all of a sudden it gets going again, try drinking more and be careful of too many carbs :) good luck

Yeah, it's heartbreaking. I was horrified how my brush looked after brushing my hair.
I cut it all really short about a month ago and it's not shedding as much.
I'm sure that if you eat a lot of protein that will help with hair loss and take your multivitamins.
It will pass in time, it's something we all know will happen but it's still sad when it does *Hugs*

Thank you both so much for your kind words and device x it's so hard after all we go through but rationally .... I know it's a small price to pay as it will eventually grow back. I just wonder how long this happens for??? ( the falling out part) I eat protein in every meal but when I was abt 7 weeks p.op I had to have my stomach stretched as couldn't eat.... Therefor I spent 3 weeks hardly eating so I suppose it didnt help. I take my forceval religiously and have been taking biotin since pre op but just shows if its going to happen u can't stop it x x x

There is always great debate on here about what is the best way to avoid initial hair loss, lots of people try altering diet, tablets, shampoos etc. I don't know what the answer is, or even if there really is one - but I DO know it grows back!

Your body has been through a trauma and is focusing all its energy on healing you, getting used to reduced intake etc. Your hair is shedding naturally, but the re growth isn't a priority for your body at present. I am the proud owner of some original long hair, it was horrible when I got a handful from washing it (longer and darker hair is more noticeable I think - psychologically it looks more although the actual number of strands may be the same as a post opper with a cute pixie cut!) and now a flourishing re growth that is a few inches long and noticeable enough that I'm considering a restyle.

It will come back, I know that doesn't help - but it's true.

I took forceval etc and protein but as dinda says there's nothing you can really do to stop it :( but as she also said it does grow back x

I had my hair cut short a couple of weeks after my bypass and I love it. As my hair has dropped out I've combed it a fraction different to cover thinner patches and its worked a treat x

I am a year out and still suffer from some hair loss, the main issue is condition - no words of advice really but I am finding it easier to use conditioner etc than I did to diet. #myperspective

I use either baby shampoo or head & shoulders for dry scalp my hair condition nearly 2yrs out is as good as it ever was.

Hair loss - its blooming horrible, isnt it?

I have dark hair, not long, but it feels like ive lost loads, especially when the water doesnt go down the plughole because of the hair!
Even my hairdresser said my hair had thinned - but, you know what?
Weight loss is worth it - my health is worth it.

I will grow back (I keep telling myself!) but it doesnt stop me from worrying about it.

Its not nice, but, I think, its par for the course.

For what it's worth mine is growing back condition is still very good. Just something to put up with. Like loose skin and farting - such a lady!

Hair loss is a pain. and I know this pain. I have been experiencing thinning hair, not balding, but definitely some hair loss and even the remaining hair shafts were thinner and more fragile. My consultant suggest me to take minoxidil 15. Any idea about this product?

Nourkrin Woman

I've just stumbled across these:

Nourkrin Woman:

- Proven to reduce hair loss and strengthen existing hair growth
- Easy to swallow
- Contains Marilex marine extract
- Entirely natural and drug-free

I'm not sure if they work, I've been reading the reviews online and there seems to be as many people happy with them as there are people who do not like them.
Like everything that you can buy, somethings will work for some and not for others, the best thing to do is research everything and check with your dorctor before you decide to take anything, even if it's billed as 100% natural.
Has anyone tried these who can say if they are any good?

Back