• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hairloss

NT1977

Morning,

I am only four weeks out of my band being fitted but I am losing an increasing amount of hair when I wash it (I do not brush it as curly) it is literally coming out in handfuls :( Has anyone successfully used a supplement to help with hair loss or am I wasting my money and just be patient?

N x

I started losing hair at about 4 months but I am a bypass so need to take suppliements anyway so not sure if banders have to take anything ? mention it to your provider see what they say ? I also take an adsa hair and nail suppliement which is about £3 once a day which is ok by my provider on top of the ones I do take and I have found I don't loose much now when washing and I am a year out

Thanks for responding - I take a multi vitamin and calcium tablet every day but might start something else. have an appointment with my team on the 16th so will consult them then x

If it's any consolation I had the same thing. My nurse told me not to worry it was because I'd lost weight so quickly and the hairloss would slow down to the normal amount.

Pleased to say it has - however it was scary at the time.

Usually it is due to your body being in starvation mode.. It is not a lack of vitamins but were your body is reserving all spare sources of energy.. This includes slowing down the growth of new hair and increasing hair loss.. Look at the side effects of Ketosis.
One positive is it will all grow back, it is a temporary problem only.. Vitamins are always good but shouldn't change the hair loss, increase in carbs may help as this will take u out of Ketosis..

Hope that helps.

Started losing mine 3 mths after i had balloon put in. I'm now nearly six months in and the loss has slowed significantly but my hair is noticeably thinner now. I'm assured by all that it will come back once my body realises this change is for good and balances itself out. Right now it's making cutbacks lol and my hair is seen as a non-useful commodity. Pffffttt
Forgot to add that my dietician said supplements wouldn't work but increasing my intake of protein may help ;)

good advice

My team warned me about hairloss and it hit me 2,5 months after being sleeved. Three weeks ago it got 50% better just on it's own. My team was right, most people have hairloss and it lasts about 3 to 4 months and then gets better on its own. I'm still not back to my "normal" amout of hairloss but I'm getting there.

So wish I was back to normal! I am 14 months put from bypass and hair is still soo thin it's ridiculous! Maybe it's due to the curly hair? It was never thick but now it's terrible.

Back