• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

half Ton Mom on More4

yorkshirelass74

is anyone watching it? it is heartbreaking, the poor woman:cry::cry:

This programme made me cry.

I had never seen it before and had been watching hoping to see this lady moving forward.. it was heartbreaking... and such beautiful children too...

Very very sad indeed...

Loving hugs to all xxx

i wonder why she had to wait 12 years for this op?, i feel if she was given it at 18 when she went on that chat show and then more hospitals would have agreed to operate as she wasnt super morbidly obsese then , this could have been avoidable and two children would not be without a mother a terrible waste of life x

I know, that is what I thought, just the same that she had just hidden away for years and the end result was that she was left far too long... :(

xxx

it said kelly that she had been turned down because of her size by 12 surgeons as she was considered too high risk for the op, it was absolutely heartbreaking i cried my eyes out.

I'm still thinking about the programme, my heart was hurting for that poor girl and her family, I wasn't expecting her to pass away....

Very sad indeed xxx

very sad but brought home the dangers of chronic obesity. poor lady ...

True Stellap, potentially it's possible for anyone to keep going upwards on the scales...

I am still thinking of the show and the comment impacted upon me about 'a circus show', how terribly sad to have to have the fire brigade on hand each time you want to leave home.

Love and hugs xxx

One thing I got from this was to realise how lucky I am to have gone for surgery..I could see myself going the same direction...16stone overweight and staying in the house all the time afraid to go out, in pain as soon as I put my feet on the floor to get out of bed in the morning...wouldn't have been too long before I was in that sort of situation where I was bedridden..

When I think back on this I feel like every day I can do a little something to make the most of what I have , my family and my chance to get slim and healthy.

Taking each day as it comes and being thankful and doing something that will benefit my health and by default my kids and partner.

My kids are both autistic and I am terrified of leaving them too soon but back before my op I totally and utterly believed I would never ever lose my weight.

Now I know I can stay with them longer and I hope seeing this documentary has helped others be brave enough to make a change and try to improve their health and seek help and above all believe they have the strength to change within themselves.

Nina and Maz, it's likely that she was very lonely for a very long time, she was brave to be filmed and there was a beautiful lady inside there, her face was also truly beautiful.

She gave us a message, to do something about ourselves.... she also showed us how dangerous being super morbidly obese can be... I think she was amazing to bring in the camera's and to open up her world for others to see.

Bless her xxx

Back