• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone got experience of Mr Ameer Patel?

I'm going in to Kings college on 22 September under Mr Ameer Patel and was wondering if anyone else had had their Gastric sleeve done by him and minded sharing their experience please?:)

Hi I had my Sleeve, as have a few others here, done my Mr Patel.

Although mine was done at the Princess Grace Hospital (outsourced through St Thomas' Hospital) on the 29/3/12.

I have had no major issues with my operation as such.

And so far I have lost, at my last weigh in, 6.5 stone since the operation.

If you want to know any more please feel free to ask.

Wow, Well done. I have so many questions if you don't mind? Where you in a lot of pain straight afterwards?
How much weight did you lose in the first week?

Just keep asking I will try and answer as honestly as possible.

Straight out of recovery I thought I was having an heart attack due to my chest feeling very tight where, I assume, everything was moved about to perform the surgery. But the pain killers soon stopped that.

I was admitted and operated on the Thursday and discharged on the sunday feeling almost no pain at all.

I cannot tell you about my weight at any points other than those listed in my signature as I don't own a set of scales suitable for my weight.

So my first weigh in was at my 2week check up Whicm Mr Patel wasn't too happy about, he didn't like me being weighed so early....

Thanks for this. Did you find it hard in the first week?
What were you allowed to drink?
Were you tired at all?
How long before you felt better?

I am a Mr Patel - bypass - not sleeve - having nothing bad to say. My pain was well controlled I am almost 6 months post op and have lost 6 stone nearly. Was not over tired at all - can't really remember the first few months food - I know I got sick of WW tomato soup but that all seems a distant memory now.
Good Luck xx

Thanks for this.

No problem

Did you find it hard in the first week?

Depends what you call hard. I just took it easy and didn't do a great deal.

What were you allowed to drink?

First four weeks I was on blended soups, fruit juice, slimfast shakes, home made fruit smoothies.
Were you tired at all?

Didn't actual feel tired as such but found I ran out of steam easily

How long before you felt better?

Felt better in a few days. I drove from North Kent to Kings and back (55ish miles each way), including the walk from the Fox on the Hill pub (Sneaky place to park for free parking ;)) to the hospital for my 2 week check up

Although I felt quite drained once I was at home.

Reading what people have been eating is a tad worrying for me. I have so many food allergies it's silly. I have seen that they put you on a milk diet which would be a massive problem.

Mr Patel didn't require me to have any pre-op diet at all.

Where is the best place to park on D day? Didn't seem a lot of parking. Ironically I'm originally from about 10 miles away so you'd think I would know lol

Oh that's a good thing I guess. I'm having one last fling with lamb shanks lol

Well there is an ex Garden Centre to next to the hospital is now a car park, I am led to believe that it's a valet car park type affair, although I've never used it.

Wonder if they are open on a saturday as that's when I'm having my op

not sure, but failing that park in one of the streets off of Peckham road and get a bus/taxi

Shenley road or Crofton road are not permit parking ;)

Will have to have a look at that

Mr Patel is a wonderful surgeon and you will be in very good hands while under his care.

He seemed really honest which I respected him for and him and Beth seemed amazing people

That's the way they are, a great team.

You are doing so well, onwards and upwards.

Back